Accountant | Blue | Dubai
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
Blue Rewards finance team comprises of two employees only. Meanwhile, Blue program is growing rapidly with additional products, revenue streams and geographies. Moreover, the program is now migrating fully to Blue managed Profit centres. Based on the above, the new member will be key to delivering the expected outcomes of the Finance function.
What you will do
- Complete Bank reconciliations for all the Blue Wallet and Gift Cards (including reseller cases) checking collections & booking expenses.
- End to end reconciliation between SAP GL’s and third-party integrator reports to ensure all liabilities are booked correctly and address the issues accordingly with concerned parties.
- ICM reconciliations with Blue partners (daily basis)–resolving errors related to Cashback, Gift Cards, Wallet Top-up and Points, and getting the ICMs accepted by the partners.
- Vendor onboarding, raising PRs/POs creating IANs and SRFs
- Coordinate payables with central payment team and provide updates to internal stakeholders on the status of payments
- Accounting integration with Partners (end-to-end)
- Month closing activities and MIS – Liaise with shared service teams to ensure all activities are recorded and analyse the financials for management review.
- Assisting in Internal/ External audit activities.
Required skills to be successful
- Position requires strong functional skills, analytical skills and business acumen;
- Strong knowledge of International Accounting Standards & IFRS; and
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint).
- Flexible and multifaceted individual that can contribute in the different disciplines of the finance function;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptiveness to change and willingness to learn; and
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
About the team
The role will report to the Assistant Commercial Manager.
What equips you for the role
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from an accredited university (preferably with honors);
- Qualification (American CPA or international ACCA) is a plus; and
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems is necessary; SAP (including Ariba) expertise is a must.
- Preferably minimum 2 years in an operational finance position, preferably in the digital commerce sphere.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.