Manager - Financial Service Audit
Manager – Financial Service Audit
Work location: Kildare
Service line: Financial Service Audit
Employment type: Permanent
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has nearly 3,000 people in 9 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 145 countries around the world, and a global network of over 68,000 people.
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
We, in Financial Services Audit are looking to expand our team due to our exponential growth. This position will give you exposure to some exciting industries such as Insurance, Aircraft Leasing, Funds, Capital Markets, Securitisations and Aviation Finance whilst also giving you the opportunity to collaborate with clients both locally and globally. We are looking for passionate individuals, who are self-motivated, capable of using their own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of clients.
Arising from this growth, we are seeking to strengthen our existing financial services audit team with audit managers to meet the needs of current and future clients operating within all of the sectors listed above.
- Taking a responsibility for a portfolio of clients to ensure delivery of multi-disciplined services in line with engagement objectives, scope and budget.
- Lead and co-ordinate engagement teams to deliver services to clients within set deadlines.
- Assisting and motivating the team, allocating administration tasks (including staff and job allocation) job planning, training needs, staff issues, identification of resources required etc.)
- Acting as a technical resource for financial services covering a range of accounting standards to include IFRS, US GAAP and FRS 102. This will include training and the production of internal and external technical information.
- Ongoing supervision, training and development of staff to ensure that firm standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process.
- Managing work in progress, billing, cash collection and budgeting.
- Participate in business development activities including preparation and presentation of proposals.
- Proactively develop client relationships, working closely with client management to develop commercially focused solutions to issues identified.
- Proactively cross sell the product offering of the Business Unit and work closely with other areas to identify sales opportunities.
- Lead by example, demonstrating a clear ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities while maintaining the highest standards of quality and risk management.
- Work with client financial and regulatory reporting teams to help manage the preparation and review of statutory financial statements, and deliver other financial information.
Skills and Attributes
- ACA/ ACCA/ CPA qualified with 5+ years’ PQE;
- Audit experience of financial services entities (or any recent audit experience together with other experience of working in the financial services sector)
- excellent communication skills (written and oral communication, especially report writing skills)
- strong technical competence including extensive knowledge of auditing and assurance standards and IFRS; working knowledge of US GAAP and FRS 102 are desirable
- the ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines
- project and portfolio management experience
- strong interpersonal skills, initiative and attention to detail
- strong commercial awareness and understanding of the financial sector and regulatory agenda
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Relocation support (where applicable)
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Overtime by way of time in lieu
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the Grant Thornton office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs
- 3pm finish on Fridays during the summer months and before a bank holiday
Grant Thornton gives you the opportunities, resources and flexibility to create a career that empowers your passion.
At Grant Thornton, our people are at the heart of our business. Our teams are built with a variety of background, cultures, age, gender, gender identity, ability and family types to ensure we have a diversity of thought in everything we do. Grant Thornton is committed to ensuring that every staff member can bring their whole selves to work and that individuality is embraced.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.