Finance Trainee (Graduate) - South Elmsall, Yorkshire
Are you ready to Take On Finance?
We are looking to speak with a number of passionate Finance graduates to join us on a permanent basis to start in August 2023.
As a Finance Trainee, you will demonstrate a passion for finance and the ability to perform in a highly dynamic and fast changing environment. You will have a desire to succeed and will have demonstrated your aptitude through previous experiences in work, life or academic studies.
This opportunity will allow you to work across the Group in a number of different areas with the finance department including : Financial Operations, Group Finance, Commercial Finance, Supply Chain and Credit & Risk.
- Learn to assist the Finance Team with the organisation and input of invoices from suppliers
- Manage the production of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the production of financial reports relating to a range of financial systems and procedures
- Liaise with others stakeholders in the business regarding finance queries
- Assist finance teams within the various areas to complete daily, weekly and monthly financial analysis
- Input and analysis of data through various finance systems and spreadsheets
- Learn to reconcile financial statements and investigate variations
- Provide support in the administration of various payment and reconciliation activities
- Review spend through cost centres across the business to ensure accurate cost reporting and variance analysis against budgets
- Input into the process of forecasting areas of the NEXT P&L to enable calculation of forecasted profit
- Be part of the daily, weekly and monthly calculation of NEXT profit
- Report on KPI’s across the business
- Excellent level of education ideally a 1st or 2:1 Degree in Finance or Accountancy
- Able to communicate with a wide range of colleagues, clearly and accurately both in person and when using the telephone and email
- Ability to follow instruction and organise yourself to complete tasks fully and on time
- Good time management, administration and organisation skills
- Good IT skills
- High level of literacy and ability to present information in a user friendly and logical format
- Desire to study for an Accounting qualification such as ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- To demonstrate the ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- To have a flexible approach to the role and be willing to carry out a wide variety of tasks
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
- Be able to work effectively with other staff
- Self motivated to develop professionally and attend courses as required
- Pension 3% Employer/ 5% Employee (you can top up)
- Share save
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (from 1st April 2023), can buy up to 3 days from 2023. Holiday calendar runs 1st April-31st March
- Bonus - company performance dependent
- 25% staff discount and free next day delivery to desk for online purchases
- Restaurant, Juice bar, Coffee shop and coffee stations, all onsite
- Free car parking
- Simplyhealth - discounted health care plan on dental/optical
- Wellbeing benefits and Sports and Social Club
- Staff shop onsite
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.