Finance Business Partner #833 @ Innovative Climate Action
Finance Business Partner #833
Innovative Climate Action
£48,000 - 55,000
Hybrid London/ Remote UK
Our partner, is an innovative non-profit focussed on projects combating climate change; partnering with cities, regions, governments and communities; providing expert support to deliver accelerated climate action.
This role will work closely with a partners to provide financial analysis, insights, and guidance to ensure successful project outcomes. The Finance Business Partner will report directly to the Financial Performance and Analyst Controller and will Business Partner to a Cluster to help drive decision-making and financial performance.
- Financial analysis and planning - Conduct financial analysis and planning for projects to ensure financial targets are met, and resources are allocated efficiently.
- Budgeting and forecasting - Develop project budgets and forecasts, monitor actuals versus budgets, and provide timely updates to project teams.
- Cash flow forecasting and monitoring
- Managing financial reporting and other financial communications to project funder
- Faciliate and manage funder audits.
Key Working Relationships
- Finance Team
- Partners Manager/Director
- Project Teams
- Business Desk (Grant Management Support)
- PMO (Project Management Office)
To be successful in this role you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a desire and ability to partner with colleagues (both finance and non-finance). You already have experience in a finance role and can display a can-do attitude with a practical and creative approach to problem solving. You are analytical, with attention to details and the ability to keep the big picture in mind while focussing on the details and complexities of implementation.
- Part qualified Accountant, or an accounting/business degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role, preferably within mission-driven organisation and multi-functional team environment.
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles is essential.
- Experience/knowledge managing EU/Horizon Grant Funding is desirable
- Fluent in English, preference for one additional language commonly in use in Europe.
- Strong capabilities with collaborative IT applications (we use Office365 and Microsoft Teams, as well as Miro, Zoom, Mentimeter, etc.).
- Intermediate Excel skills, advanced skills are a plus.
- Strong time management skills essential, with a track record of delivering on objectives according to established timelines.
Qualities, Personal Style, and Approach
- Service-oriented approach
- Optimistic, with a can-do attitude
- Strong team player
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.