ASSC General Ledger Accountant
Huntsman Global Business Services is looking for General Ledger (GL) Accountant. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries relating to complex budget accrual estimation, prepayment allocation, bank reconciliation and balance sheet account analysis (reconciliation) which is essential for the accurate corporate accounting reporting.
He/She is to identify and resolve the areas of concern, provide suggestions and promote potential improvements in the overall process operation. The incumbent primarily will be working closely with the various stakeholders in multiple countries globally (i.e Country Accountant, Local Business & etc) to ensure that the accounting service is delivered on time with quality.
He/She will also be responsible in ensuring that the all daily operational tasks performed are in accordance to USGAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) Control guidelines.
What will your day to day look like?
- Complete month end closing within timelines
- Assist team lead on review and analytical work
- Perform month-end closing (non-trade related calculation and journal entries posting) and relevant tasks
- Maintain general ledger data integrity via balance sheet reconciliation and identify issues, unreconciled and aged items
- Generate debit notes or credit notes (non-trade) in accordance to SOX control requirements
- Strive for process improvement to achieve/optimize overall operation's efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that all tasks performed are SOX & GAAP Compliance
- Provide support and service requests from the business globally in a timely manner
- Involve in implementing systems and procedures changes
- Involve in ad hoc projects and migration
- Assist with requests from internal and/or external auditors
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by superior.
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Degree with 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Prior work experience in a shared service and accounting environment, preferably handling general ledger process
- Ability to works on tasks and resolve problems that are complex in nature under limited supervision.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgement and apply Professional Concepts, company policies and procedures to solve routine problems
- Knowledge in US GAAP Accounting and/ or IFRS
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel is a must
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Good written and communication skills in English. Comfortable in working with diversified cultures
- Good written and communication skills in Mandarin
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-service and Tasks oriented - Committed to respond efficiently to the customers' needs and delivering quality work at all times
- Experience in accounting systems such as SAP would be a plus
What can we offer?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in “huntsman.com” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.