Senior - Financial Service Audit
Financial Services Audit Senior
The financial services industry is a fast-paced exciting place to work. This role provides strong candidates with the opportunity to become a key part of a rapidly growing area of the business, and offers highly attractive career development and progression opportunities. There is a dedicated and highly motivated team in place that is seeking a like-minded individual to assist with our expanding portfolio of audit clients. We are looking to recruit an FS Audit Senior. You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of financial services clients. You will have direct access to partners and the ability to provide a valued opinion within the team. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. Our portfolio consists of hedge funds, SPVs and banks. We have grown a strong team over the past 3 years with 40 dedicated audit staff in our Kildare office - with wider support from over 300 other experienced professionals including partnersin the Dublin, Galway and Cork offices.
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Design and implementation of audit plans
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe
- Manage trainees while on assignment
- Responsible for development and mentoring of trainees
- Take responsibility for a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Manage the accounts preparation and audit for each client
- Providing timely and accurate information to clients on ongoing audit issues
- Identifying efficiencies within the audit process
- Research in relation to recent accounting and financial reporting updates.
Skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years' experience required
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification)
- Strong technical knowledge
- Experience in audit engagements
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients
- Capable of working on your own initiative
- Ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Relocation support (where applicable)
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Overtime by way of time in lieu
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the Grant Thornton office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs
- 3pm finish on Fridays during the summer months and before a bank holiday
Grant Thornton gives you the opportunities, resources and flexibility to create a career that empowers your passion.
Resources for You:
Audit and Assurance Opportunities | Grant Thornton
At Grant Thornton, our people are at the heart of our business. Our teams are built with a variety of background, cultures, age, gender, gender identity, ability and family types to ensure we have a diversity of thought in everything we do. Grant Thornton is committed to ensuring that every staff member can bring their whole selves to work and that individuality is embraced.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.