Associate Director-Forensics (Investigation and Disputes)
Department : Forensic
Designation : Associate Director
Minimum of 10 years of relevant forensics experience, preferably in Big Four or in any reputable multinational focused on investigations or disputes.
Post Graduate qualifications – CA/CPA/ACCA or other relevant qualifications or equivalent professional qualifications such as CIA, CFE and ACAMS etc.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of forensic service offerings.
- Ability to create a portfolio of business
- Independently managing complex assignments from commencement till the conclusion
- Strong understanding of Risk Management during engagements.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the global/ local risk management procedures and ability to ensure its compliance in day-to-day forensic operations/ assignments.
- Supervise and manage less experienced staff members on various assignments
- Focus and contribute to the business development activities of the department
- Ability to lead client meetings, clearly understand the objective and scope of work, responsible for preparing proposals/ terms of reference for the client
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and practice development initiatives
- Ability to conduct investigation interviews with no supervision.
- Ability to prepare forensic reports/deliverables without supervision.
- Strong knowledge of forensic market globally and regionally.
- Responsible for the allocation of work amongst the junior staff members
- Coaches less experienced staff in the department especially with reference to the guidance on risk management procedures, sharing of technical knowledge on the assignments, proposal and report writing, preparation of working paper file, collection of relevant documents as support etc.
- Experience acting as a performance manager
Relevant advisory skills and behaviors
- Links the activities of the department to own firm's business strategy
- Questions current practices by thinking about the longer term impact and wider implications
- Emphasizes and builds the value of service offered to the client
- Takes firm and decisive action when a situation requires intervention
- Makes decisions independently, without unnecessarily referring to others
- Shows and instills enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Encourages others to maintain a consistent and steady motivation or pace
- Identifies lessons learned from challenging incidents
- Puts procedures in place to avoid common problems from occurring again
- Develops, updates, and follows own personal development plan
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Establishes and manages a clear set of standards for others to work within
- Encourages others to get the most out of their development opportunities
- Evaluates performance and takes appropriate action
- Manages the expectations of people regarding career development and progression
- Balances a concern for tasks with consideration for others
- Consults others regularly on matters relevant to them
- Celebrates success at work appropriately
- Initiates smarter ways of working by making improvements to processes and looking for efficiency enhancements
- Provides clear rationale and supporting data to justify recommended solutions
- Considers the practicalities and costs involved when proposing a solution to a problem
- Addresses objections from others by responding with well reasoned responses
- Provides persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties.
- Educates clients on legislative and compliance issues
- Identifies and assigns roles and responsibilities so that the best service possible is delivered to the client
- Monitors and evaluates multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are proceeding against deadlines and budget
- Prioritizes issues by using clear project management principles
- Manages conflicting demands and priorities
- Manages client expectations over level and speed of service
- Strong forensic/ audit background and experience in the related forensic field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (proposal/ report writing, presentations)
- Fluent English – Verbal & written,
- Arabic- preferred not required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.