Assurance - Insurance - Audit Senior Manager - Edinburgh-Leeds-London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. We’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services (FSO) Assurance team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result. From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of clients. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same.
As an auditor at EY, you will provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play a meaningful role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and improve their operations. In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
- Everything you do will come back to providing exceptional audit services for our clients.
- Effectively leading engagements in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements
- Building and nurturing new business relationships, engaging clients, and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs, delivering value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas, and solutions for improving their business, assessing legal implications
- Successfully and proactively managing multi-disciplinary teams, resolving any challenges, and ensuring the smooth delivery of team operations, client audits and services
- Performance management and coaching of junior colleagues throughout the performance year
- Identifying and acting upon staff needs, including resourcing, learning and development
- Constantly refreshing your understanding of current market trends
Skills and attributes for success
Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact and point of escalation when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience planning, leading, and delivering multiple major external audit and assurance engagements (e.g. FTSE 100) in a senior managerial capacity
- Fully qualified as a chartered accountant e.g. ACA / ACCA / CA / ICAS / ICAEW or international equivalent*
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge and sector experience in Insurance
- Project and people management experience
*Please note that evidence of qualification status will be requested pre-interview. We kindly request that applicants upload a copy of their qualification certificate at the point of application.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous professional experience at Senior Manager level, or equivalent
- Knowledge of current market issues in the UK
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
- Expertise using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- An application and solution-based approach to problem solving
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a collaborative approach to management
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so we look for people who will take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.