Regional Assistant Manager, Accounts Receivables
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Role:
- We are seeking a motivated and result-driven Regional Accounts Receivable Assistant Manager to lead and support our Order To Cash (OTC) Regional team in achieving monthly collection targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- As the Assistant Manager, you will play a vital role in maximizing the conversion of receivables into cash for the business while ensuring adherence to Grab's policies and processes.
- As a Regional Accounts Receivable Assistant Manager, you will be part of an exciting journey across multiple ASEAN countries where Grab operates, contributing significantly to the success of our Order To Cash team.
The day-to-day activities:
- Team Leadership: Lead and motivate the team members to meet their individual collection targets and contribute to achieving the team's overall objectives.
- Monitoring and Compliance: Oversee the team's collection efforts and ensure compliance with Grab's policies and collection processes.
- Dispute Management: Manage and resolve disputes identified by team members by coordinating discussions with the relevant parties to facilitate prompt resolutions.
- Root Cause Analysis: Identify and analyze common billing issues and disputes, collaborating with relevant teams to perform Root Cause Analysis and implement preventive actions.
- Client Relationship Building: Coach team members on fostering reliable, trusty, and long-term relationships with assigned clients to enhance the collection process.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Develop strong working relationships with Grab Account Managers/Sales Executives, Finance personnel, and other stakeholders from the Business Team, Regional and Local Finance to optimize collection efforts.
- Process Improvement: Integrate team insights on clients' Purchase Order requirements, payment cycles, and invoice approval routes into the billing process to reduce collection cycle time.
- Client Query Handling: Address incoming client queries through hotline phone or email, routing them to the appropriate person-in-charge as needed.
- Reporting and Forecasting: Provide collection status updates for Finance's review of doubtful debts and bad debts, and generate collection forecasts and reports for Finance and business teams.
- Documentation and Improvement: Lead the documentation and improvement activities of the collection process to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bad Debt Recovery Support: Provide assistance in bad debt recovery actions when required.
- Initiative and Ad hoc Tasks: Undertake ad hoc assignments and initiatives related to OTC process improvements and system implementations.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Proven experience in accounts receivable and collections, with at least 3-5 years of supervisory or team management experience.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills, with a track record of motivating and driving results.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a focus on process improvement.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of OTC processes - credit management, billing and collection best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.