Credit Risk Management (Associate Analyst) - Japanese Speaker
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Responsible for customer's credit risk management activities for the assigned market portfolio based on market principle and CCRM Services Hub Asia Pacific scope, following global and regional guidelines
- To ensure deliveries meeting requirements defined in service level agreements and KPIs for process efficiency, effectiveness and quality control
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Monitor customer master data creation and changes which relevant to CCRM (example payment terms) via SCO
- Checking regularly that customer portfolio is up-to-date, identifying inactive customers as well as carrying out deactivations
- Perform risk assessment, mitigation measures, recommendations and documentation by using CCRM tools
- Propose and obtain necessary approval internal risk rating, credit limit, order processing code based on approval matrix
- Monitor credit risk of customers (limit usage, BASF Risk Rating, sales, etc.)
- Review and decide on the release of blocked orders or obtaining necessary approvals based on approval matrix and delegation to Hub
- Provide necessary reporting for country, regional, and global timely in compliance with reporting requirements
- Work closely with Senior Analyst, Senior Specialist, Assistant Manager and Manager in daily operations to achieve defined objectives and targets
- Following up of outstanding invoices and unresolved dispute items in case support needed by Collection team
- Coordinate, attend queries, and provide transparency to stakeholders on credit risk management core processes
- Perform other CCRM processes that is applicable for the assigned countries such as IFRS9 review, prolongation, bad debt, etc
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries (for both internal and external)
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and met with BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, legal and statutory requirements
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunities in quality and efficiency to support smooth implementation
- Prepare training materials and conduct end user trainings when required
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer; and sharing of best practice thereby ensuring
- quality is maintained through any staff transition
- Perform sample check activities for order release and risk assessment; to update issue log with detail root cause, preventive action and provide resolution
- Support Business Continuity Plan (BCP) through resource planning, backup and communication
- Any other tasks due to Service Hub KL management strategy and/ or changing business environment may require to be
Additionally, for Associate Analyst:
- Review SCO recommendations and make decision for customers to be automated or not
- Decide on internal risk rating, credit limit, order processing code (for lower threshold of exposures)
- Act as Area of Competency (AOC) member or topic owner for CCRM processes
- Support Internal, Regional and Global projects as and when required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Finance/ Accounting or related disciplines or
- Professional qualification in Finance (e.g., ACCA, CPA, etc.)
- More than 1 year experience in Finance and Accounting or minimum 2-3 years experiences in related fields for Diploma
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate to service recipients
- Good time management, good organization skills and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to excel under pressure for meeting any tight deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications, especially MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of SAP Systems will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in English and other languages required
- Knowledge in programing or scripting are an added advantage but not mandatory
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.