SEA Senior Finance Analyst/Assistant Manager
Working under close supervision, conducts and documents simple to moderate standard financial analysis and ad hoc finance projects. Aids organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, taxes, consolidation, cost control, and project control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and analyzes a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc. Recommends actions that may be taken to improve financial results.
- Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments to prepare revenue balance statements and historical comparisons of departmental expenditures with requested appropriations.
- Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Assists in preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
- Retrieves and organizes data into required reporting formats to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operational procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to co-workers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field. Some prior related work experience preferred but not required.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Finance Partly/Fully certified. ACCA would be an advantage
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information to supervisors and finance management.
Requires knowledge of basic financial terms, concepts and accounting principles.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Strong work ethic and adaptable.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.