Head of Accounts
You will report directly to the CEO, and will have close communications with other departments. There are two actively trading companies in the group, and you will be responsible for the below tasks for each of the companies.
Key Responsibilities on a day to day basis will generally include the below but may have responsibilities added or removed as directed by the CEO for no extra remuneration:
- Processing all purchase invoice and employee expenses.
- Processing inter-company invoices.
- Issuing of PO numbers to other departments.
- Maintaining and updating the PO Register.
- Dealing with Supplier queries.
- Preparing invoices for the payment run.
- Posting payments made against the Purchase ledger.
- Requesting and reconciling the monthly statements from all creditors.
- Filing invoices and statements.
- Maintain petty cash.
- Preparing royalty invoices, and other ad hoc invoices.
- Collecting weekly invoices by direct debit.
- Chasing customer for payments.
- Entering customer invoices and receipts in Sage 50 Accounts.
- Entering daily sales and receipts from the company bars.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts (GBP and USD).
- Reconcile all nominal ledgers.
- Preparing and posting journals including prepayments, accruals, deferred income, other debtors, other creditors, depreciation and payroll.
Payroll and HR
- Collecting all payroll data for all departments.
- Processing fortnightly and monthly payrolls using Sage 50 Payroll.
- Sending pension data
- Producing P32 reports and submitting Employer Payment Summaries
- Maintain HR records.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for each company.
- Produce monthly management accounts for each company and each company owned bar.
- Prepare cash flow statements and forecasts.
- Provide analytical information to other departments.
- Preparing for the year-end audit and assisting the auditors with queries.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
You will need:
- The ability to work independently and prioritise your workload efficiently, as well as working as part of a team effectively.
- Previous accountancy experience in a similar role (minimum 4 years)
- An accountancy qualification (Full member of ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA)
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with Sage 50 Accounts and Payroll
- Experience in a similar industry (not essential)
- The right to work in the UK.
- Salary £40,000-£45,000 per annum.
- Discretionary bonus (based on company performance).
- Free hot drinks at work
- Full time, Permanent
- Office based