Associate, Financial Crime Compliance - Grab Financial Group
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the team
Grab’s Compliance and Government Relations team plays a strategic role in supporting the sustainable growth and operations of the largest FinTech in South-East Asia. The team is led from Singapore and supplemented with in-country representatives in each core country market, providing coverage for Grab’s regulated entities and products.
The team partners closely with the business to address regulatory issues and provide interpretive guidance to ensure compliance with current/developing regional regulations. The team also corresponds with regional regulators and proactively identifies opportunities to deepen relationships with key government stakeholders.
Get to know the job
This is a unique and dynamic role that taps on both compliance and stakeholder management skills, and which employs cutting edge digital technology to protect the business.
Your role will primarily focus on protecting the business across the region. The role will require you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of financial crime including AML / Sanctions / CFT risk areas across the South-East Region.
- Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude is a must, as is a demonstrated willingness to be directly involved in operational/process matters to address issues quickly.
- Knowledge of e-money/payment systems regulations, with excellent familiarity in the area of Anti-Money Laundering controls. This includes hands-on experience designing operational flows to manage customers due to diligence /know-your-customer/ know-your-business/ suspicious transaction monitoring processes. Eligible candidates with ACAMS or other recognized certification will also be prioritized.
- At least 3-years of relevant experience, working in regulatory compliance or internal audit in a local financial institution.
- Highly qualified candidates with experience working for a financial regulator will be prioritized for assessment.
- Experience in drafting policy recommendation papers; or policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Experience in liaising with financial regulators, responding to regulatory inquiries and surveys, and managing inspections.
- Experience in stakeholder management at all levels, particularly senior stakeholders.
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and operating in a hyper-growth company.
We recognize that with these individual attributes come different workplace challenges, and we will work with Grabbers to address them in our journey towards creating inclusion at Grab for all Grabbers.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.