About the Role
What you'll be doing:
Are you an ambitious finance professional looking to take the next step in your finance career in a highly commercial and business-facing role? Our Medirest business is on the lookout for an operationally-minded Finance Manager to join us supporting at Sherwood Hospitals.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security, and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
More about the role:
PURPOSE: Commercial Support
- Business Partner key stakeholders (financial and non-financial) ensuring strong commercial and operational decision-making, managing financial risks and opportunities
- Attend and actively contribute to designated site and client meetings, with a real focus on net growth.
- Delivering proactive ad-hoc financial analysis with summarised findings to support business decision making.
- Understand and manage the financial risks and opportunities arising from volumetric and other contract mechanisms – and ongoing business performance
- Understand, highlight, and manage the financial risks and opportunities arising from balance sheet maintenance
- Manage Working Capital targets within the contract.
- Deliver analysis of key business reporting such as month end reports, business reviews, client reports, budgets, working capital analysis and other ad-hoc analysis to be discussed at monthly review.
- Monthly balance sheet review for area of responsibility, escalating key risks/ opportunities to senior stakeholders.
- Promote working capital improvements through timely, accurate contract billing and active management of debt ledgers
- Support with the budgeting and forecasting process by consolidating the budget, understanding variances and preparing the budget presentation for senior stakeholders
- Monitoring initiative delivery plan, challenging operational teams where there is a risk to achievement and highlighting to senior stakeholders
- Preparation & analysis of documentation for client tenders, negotiations and capital expenditure appraisals
- Support operational teams with understanding actions required on mobilisation and ensure that these are executed in line with timetable
- You will ensure health and safety of all colleagues within the business and report any incidents via the approved company processes
PEOPLE: Relationship Management
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Building relationships with key stakeholders
- Direct management of a team within the Healthcare finance team.
- Supervision and development of junior team members, supporting their career progression while focusing on client service, ensure adequate business partnering and commercial knowledge
What we’ll give:
Finance Manager - Sherwood Hospitals
up to £55.000 per annum based on experience
40 hours per week
Hybrid role with 2-3 days at our Parklands office in Rubery with travel into the contract for remainder or as required by business
Who you are:
Our ideal Finance Manager:
- Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or QBE with varied experience in accounting roles
- Experience of business partnering senior stakeholders with the ability to challenge, influence and persuade at all levels
- High numeric and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable developing and working with complex spreadsheets
- Demonstrable commercial finance experience of improving business results and adding value
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and present information in a clear and concise way
- Team management experience
- Experience of operating within a multi-site, multi-contract organization
- Good working knowledge of SAP & Cognos
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically - to both finance and non-finance people
- Pro-active and energetic approach
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence internal and external parties
- Self-motivated with an ability to effectively plan and organise own work
- Ability to take on a broad spectrum of work under pressure and to deliver in agreed timescales
- Communication – ability to manage, develop and lead peers
- Can Do – Finds new / quicker ways of meeting goals, shows conviction in own judgement and decisions, responds quickly under pressure and overcomes hurdles to achieve targets
- Share Success – Provides task related feedback to do the job effectively and provides excellent service. Delegates tasks to develop others
- Passion for Quality – Sets demanding performance expectations, sets priorities to maximise benefits, tracks the commercial implications of a situation in a step by step way
- Win through Teamwork – Pursues friendly relationships with colleagues and clients, makes contact with colleagues across the organisation and shares own knowledge and insight and displays a high level of energy and commitment to the role and organisation
- Embrace Diversity – Listens to others and values their contributions, receptive to new and builds on ideas and acts in ethical and socially responsible manner
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.