Consultant, Revenue Recognition Accounting
Working in finance at Dell Technologies, you’ll play an integral role helping us adhere to standards that keep us running smoothly. Our Global Revenue Assuranc team takes the necessary steps required to ensure compliance with our revenue recognition accounting process and regularly reviews invoices for accuracy.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Consultant, Revenue Recognition Accounting on our Global Revenue Assuranc Team in Bayan Lepas, Malaysia.
What you’ll achieve
As a Consultant, Global Revenue Assurance, you will be responsible for providing specialty advisory support in the interpretation and application revenue recognition policies across business stakeholders including sales, legal and operations.
- Be a part of the Global Revenue Assurance organization to support the development and application of consistent revenue recognition rules. Document accounting position for Dell’s revenue generating activities across varied business models, product lines, and distribution channels.
- Provide advice and support to Dell’s Sales organization on complex accounting issues during contract/deal negotiations in order to ensure deals are structured in accordance with Dell’s Revenue Recognition policy and U.S. GAAP to maximize revenue.
- Responsible for ensuring Revenue transactions are reviewed, documented and accounted for in compliance with Dell’s Revenue Recognition Policy, US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX). Develop and implement policies and practices in compliance with Corporate, SOX, and US GAAP guidelines.
- Work with a diverse & inclusive team of GRA colleagues located in multiple locations to ensure consistent revenue accounting treatment of Global deals and consistent application of Revenue Recognition guidance and policy.
- Provide technical Revenue Recognition training to cross functional teams including Sales, Legal, Services, etc. as required. Ability to work well with all levels of the organization including Sales, Legal, Services, Corporate Finance, Tax, etc. Drive and implement changes in all areas related to revenue compliance to improve processes, customer service and to maintain the highest level of integrity in accounting. Have opportunities to grow and develop through in house subject matter expert rotations and project participation
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8-10 years in a relevant professional role with a Bachelor Degree with proficient English language skills.
- Ability to be a key technical expert and operational resource capable of evaluating business objectives, researching accounting literature to provide the appropriate accounting guidance to corporate groups such as Sales, Legal, Services, Business Operations, Dell Financial Services, and Pricing.
- Ability to research policies / authoritative guidance and make recommendations. Commitment to meet deadlines and time sensitive priorities. Extremely detailed oriented goal focused, organized and ability to consistently meet or exceed deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize projects and deliverables, and interact effectively with cross-functional teams. Ability to adapt quickly and positively to change.
- Good leadership experience in leading a team. Ability to mentor and develop staff and, in collaboration with others, to drive sound business decisions.
- ASC606 & or ASC842 accounting standards familiarity preferable
- CPA or ACCA Preferred. Ability to Read and Speak Mandarin is beneficial
Who we are
We believe that each of us has the power to make an impact. That’s why we put our team members at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow your career with some of the best minds and most advanced tech in the industry, we’re looking for you.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps individuals and organizations transform how they work, live and play. Join us to build a future that works for everyone because Progress Takes All of Us.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Dell’s Flexible & Hybrid Work Culture
At Dell Technologies, we believe our best work is done when flexibility is offered.
We know that freedom and flexibility are crucial to all our employees no matter where you are located and our flexible and hybrid work style allows team members to have the freedom to ideate, be innovative, and drive results their way. To learn more about our work culture, please visit our locations page.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.