Assistant Manager - Finance
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour, and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know our Team
Grab PH Finance team is a young, established, long standing team responsible for the organization's good financial health. Team of professionals which regularly review the company's practices and convert personal skills into efforts to continually improve the financial statements of the company. Through effective management practices and creative ideas, Grab Finance department team strives to build a working environment that enables us to use financial resources and capabilities to serve customers better.
Consists of 5 team members, with assigned entities and various segments such as Mobility, Deliveries, GrabFin, Enterprise and Other Initiatives.
Get to know the Role
You will be part of the Country Controllership team supporting Grab’s On-Demand Segments, which comprises businesses such as GrabCar, GrabFood, GrabMart, GrabExpress and Financial services. Key roles and responsibilities include planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions. As a Finance business partner, you will be expected to work very closely with the business to support business objectives, help management make key decisions and to continually ensure that its strategies align with financial goals. We believe a successful candidate has strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen and ability to work independently in a start-up environment.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- General Accounting Knowledge
- Perform month-end closing activities, financial and management reports, and analyze expenses to support the FP&A team.
- Perform various financial reporting fluctuation (“flux”)/ variance analysis.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with all audits, external & internal. Ensure timeliness of completion for local statutory audits in accordance with local and regulatory audit timelines.
- Assist in preparation of Compliance filing/reporting financials to regulators.
- Business partnering; to partner with business and provide guidance on accounting impact and avenues to seek financial optimization.
- Provide appropriate accounting information when needed.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements and compliance to internal policies.
- To assess relevant accounting treatments in accordance with local FRS and IFRS.
- Ensure all financial impact on operations and group restructuring is properly reflected.
- Engage in understanding SOX scope and ensure that Finance-related controls are appropriately prioritized.
- Prepare quarterly tax memoranda in coordination with the Country tax and Regional tax team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or professional qualifications ACCA/CPA/CA.
- Advanced Excel skills in building complex financial models and exposure to ERP/Accounting systems.
- Financial mindset and able to translate business queries into financial analysis.
- Preferably with experience in fast-paced industries (FMCG/Consumer goods, IT/Tech, Retail/Lending & Financial Services).
- 5+ years of experience in financial/business analysis and supporting business teams.
- Able to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong integrity and not afraid to raise concerns or highlight opportunities.
- Excellent team player.
- Initiative and analytical skills are mandatory.
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.