Senior Fund Accountant
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
TMF Fund Services is an independent alternative fund administrator with over two decades of experience in providing an extensive range of services, coupled with a very personal approach. We combine our technology, expertise and global infrastructure to deliver a customized package of services to our clients. These include: Fund Administration, Investor Services, Portfolio & Managed Account Services, Depositary and Corporate Services.
- Onboarding new clients, unpack and define new client delivery, participate in the implementation of fund structures onto the accounting system
- Calculate and produce accurate NAVs for alternative investment funds (private equity, real estate, debt, other alternatives), which are domiciled in recognized fund jurisdictions. Preparation of trial balances and work paper product
- Responsible for fund accounting and analysis, maintaining and controlling the general ledger and various sub-ledgers, processing of transactions, rebalances, waterfalls, fee calculations, hedging, loans, recording calls and distributions, various ad hoc client reporting
- Preparation of limited partner and general partner allocations
- Preparation of annual financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements, assist in client audit procedures
- Monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Monitor compliance of various agreements with clients, including the Service Level Agreement
- Assist in supervision, training and guidance to team members focusing on task performance, support work allocation and capacity planning
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Fund accounting for Alternative Funds (Private Equity, Real Estate, Private Debt) with at least 1 years’ experience as a Senior Fund Accountant
- A degree in Accounting – ideally ACCA, CA, CFA or other similar level qualification
- Good knowledge of IFRS and ideally other GAAPs
- Knowledge of Investran and/or Yardi– this would be considered as advantage
- Familiarity with tax-efficient European fund structures and related investment vehicles and regulatory requirements – this would be considered as advantage
- Other characteristics: accurate, self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team, deadline driven and able to maintain a portfolio of clients
What's in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity in an international company
- Professional development opportunities as well as extensive individual further training opportunities, supported by our TMF Business Academy
- A career within an ever evolving market
- Flat hierarchies with direct contact to management and international exchange
Applications close: 06 Oct 2023 South Africa Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.