Mutual Fund Tax Reporting Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
Job focus is on managing others and applying operational or strategic management skills. Management responsibilities and decisions likely include hiring, performance reviews, pay decisions and development. Achieves goals mostly through work of others. Manages professional staff and/or supervisors/ team leads. Accountable for the performance and results of a team within own area of specialty. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions and problem solving are guided by policies, procedures and department plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides guidance to partners, colleagues and/or clients
- Responsible for managing the successful delivery of tax products; mentoring and providing technical guidance to more junior staff
- Develop policies and procedures on various tax items and establish, document and review controls to maintain RIC qualification, IRS compliance, SEC and IRS financial reporting and disclosure controls.
- Provides guidance on new and existing regulatory tax requirements and tax compliance issues
- Manage the development and use of custom technology tools to assist with the complex tax analysis and reporting needs
- Coordinate mutual fund tax functions with outside auditors, Fund Accounting, transfer agents and other operational departments. Identifies and solves technical and operational problems; understands and recognizes broader impact across the department
- Guided by policies and departmental plan, impacts the team’s ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives
- Manages one or more teams; adapts department plans and priorities to meet short-term service and/or operational objectives
- 10+ years of tax preparation experience (Investment industry preferred)
- Applies understanding of the business and how own area integrates with others to achieve departmental objectives
- Guides and influences others either internally or externally to adopt a different point of view
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.