Transaction Diligence Senior - Karachi
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transactions Diligence Executive, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Transaction Diligence network of specialists who deliver high-quality advice through each phase of the transaction process. Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company’s finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities, and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors, and other parties.
You will be working in teams with experienced due diligence professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to perform due diligence in a range of situations and sectors. There is the opportunity for and likelihood of travel within MENA. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team. As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community, and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities
As an executive within the Transaction Diligence team, you'll participate in due diligence engagements related to transactions involving private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers. You'll analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing accounting records and participating in interviews with management. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress.
Skills and attributes for success
Individuals with strong analytical skills will flourish in this environment as you will regularly assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and prepare analyses of financial information to assess trends and fluctuations. Good communication skills will also be a key attribute for success within this role as you will be required to assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in accounting and/or related major.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience with previous financial due diligence exposure.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Able to analyze financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions.
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
- CA, ACCA or any similar accreditation
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.