Assurance Associate Graduate - Guernsey, Channel Islands, FY23/24
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In our assurance team, you won't be endlessly crunching numbers. Instead, you'll be a part of teams, working with clients to understand their businesses and financial accounts. You'll identify, assess, and address risks and do much more. Our cutting-edge technology automates routine tasks, so you'll have more freedom to focus on clients.
What the role involves
- Developing an understanding of clients’ businesses and the industries they operate in through conducting research
- Building and maintain professional working relationship with clients whilst collecting information and providing updates
- Gathering and analysing information and data to provide draft reports
- Seeking out opportunities to build, expand and share knowledge
- Being proactive about your own learning and development
Skills and attributes for success
In 2016, to drive social mobility across professional services we removed the requirement to have minimum UCAS points or degree classification to make an application. Whilst some academic qualification will still be considered, it’s no longer a barrier to start your career with us.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Motivation to study towards the ACCA or ICAS professional qualification to become a Chartered Certified Accountant
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team and collaborate effectively with others
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing circumstances
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project management skills
- Strong IT skills
Receive support and training to build skills for a bright future. Gain experiences that challenge you. Work in a place that rewards performance. That's what's on offer at EY. After all, our success is founded on yours.
- Highly competitive remuneration package: Competitive basic salary, discretionary annual bonus, 27 days annual leave, annual personal allowance for health and wellbeing expenses, 2 days volunteering for charitable causes of your choice, interest free loans for graduates, matched employer pension contributions of up to 10% and private health insurance including dental cover.
- Continuous learning: At EY, you'll always have the opportunity to learn and grow. We'll help you develop the mindset and skills you need to succeed in whatever comes next, as well as providing full support towards ACCA or ICAS professional qualification, including fees, study leave and a career counsellor.
- Success on your terms: We want you to define your own success and we provide flexibility to help you make a meaningful impact in your own way. One of the ways we help you achieve this is through hybrid working arrangements, including options to work from home, a remote working policy and supporting global mobility upon full qualification.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: We value diversity and inclusivity at EY. You'll be welcomed for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others do the same.
- EY Networks: We have a wide range of internal networks and communities you can get involved in, including Sports & Social, Health & well-being, DE&I, Interfaith working groups, Ability Network and much more. We also support Global Mobility opportunities upon full qualification.
- Transformational leadership: We believe in your potential to be a leader who can make a difference in the world. That's why we'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence you need to lead effectively.
For more information about this opportunity please email CIstudenthire@uk.ey.com
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.