Assurance Audit Intern - Summer 2024 Opportunities - Bermuda
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Campus Superday Event – Tuesday, July 18th, 2023
We are excited to be hosting our annual EY Campus Superday event by island across the Bahamas, Bermuda, and Cayman Islands (BBC) region on Tuesday, July 18th 2023! This is an exciting chance to network with EY professionals, learn more about opportunities with our firm, and formally interview for 2024 summer intern and fulltime/graduate positions! To confirm your interest in attending, please apply to this job posting. You must be Bermudian, Spouse of a Bermudian, or a Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) holder to attend.
We are currently seeking assurance/audit intern applications for our summer 2024 internship program in Bermuda. The broad business perspective you get in EY’s Assurance practice will serve as a launch pad to your career, whether you stay at EY to partner or seek a role in the C-suite. Our easy-to-use Audit Career Framework will help you map your successful career path, understand just what’s expected of you, and access the right learning, experiences and coaching to support your career progression. Along the way, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your accounting knowledge to help solve complex challenges.
You will spend much of your time meeting with our clients directly at their offices, undertaking audit activities to identify and resolve complex issues. When you start with the organization, you will join our audit practice and one of our FSO industries - Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, and Wealth & Asset Management. You will be given opportunities to work across these industries, which will provide deep knowledge of key drivers for success and risks specific to the industry. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
Your key responsibilities
- Identifying potential audit issues or unusual relationships in financial statements with detailed analytical trend analysis.
- Demonstrating your professionalism while working in clients’ environments and providing exceptional service.
- Operating effectively in a regulated environment, with a focus on protecting the capital markets and the investing public.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our clients to provide definitive auditing services that the capital markets and the client can rely upon.
- Sharing the story of value-added insights discovered through data analysis with our clients.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting (or business related field), with a strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- A demonstrable plan for passing the US or Canadian CPA exams, including an outline for completing all prerequisite courses and requirements to begin the US or Canadian CPA programs
- The ability and willingness to work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
- A proven record of excellence in communication and negotiation, supported by the technical writing skills to translate data into compelling stories and meaningful insights
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bermudian/Spouse of Bermudian/Permanent Resident status
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlements, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.