BDO Sunshine Coast
Looking for a sea change? Ever dreamt of working in paradise?
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our Business Services division on the Sunshine Coast. Enjoy the benefits of an internationally recognized accounting firm (tailored training programs and mentorship opportunities which are designed to sharpen your skills and broaden your expertise), yet still feel the warmth of a tight-knit community. This is not your typical 9-5.
Our Business Services team are looking for an Accountant/ Senior Accountant to join our Sunshine Coast office.
About the team
Our Business services team assists clients with accounting and tax compliance as well as developing strategies for business improvement and wealth creation. The division is driven by close client relationships, personalized attention and providing value added services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare a range of financial statements for clients in accordance with tax compliance, accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Prepare clear and concise work papers;
- Supervise junior staff on certain jobs, as appropriate;
- Prepare annual income tax returns, business activity statements and management reports for Manager review;
- Review appropriate completed tax returns and identify non-compliance issues arising from them;
- Perform tax planning for clients;
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax compliance matters;
- Liaise with clients, ATO, external auditors and financial advisors directly;
- Prepare advice for clients; and
- General business administration.
- Client focused with strong commitment to quality service and client relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish professional relations with internal staff and external clients;
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability;
- Ability to multi task and effectively manage individual and team work flow;
- Self-motivated; takes responsibility for personal and professional development;
- A team player and committed to supporting team members;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- A proactive approach.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- 2 - 4 years’ experience working within a business services environment;
- CA/CPA qualification completed or in progress; and
- Graduate degree in accounting or business.
Experience with Software programs required:
- Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/ Outlook;
- Xero is essential and MYOB would be beneficial, but not essential;
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply Now or for further information please contact Brett Beauchamp from our Talent Acquisition team on Brett.email@example.com
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUSTFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.