This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is part of a newly formed Accounting Center of Expertise (CoE). The role of the Accounting CoE is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnership with Shared Service Centre, local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.
- Support development of and provide strong leadership to Controlling team.
- Oversee US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting for the entities in scope; ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Work closely with Shared Service Centres and Service Delivery partners in execution of end to end finance processes.
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders: local business, operations and decision support management.
- Act as a reference point for all complex accounting and tax issues.
- Support local, regional and global projects, as required; provide financial expertise in such projects.
- Be an activate advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
Who you are:
- 10 years’ relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Expert in US GAAP and tax matters.
- Knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope.
- Proven team leader.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, Italian mother tongue.
- Strong reporting tools and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Italian qualification as Dottore Commercialista (CPA-equivalent) will represent a valuable plus
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in JDE an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g. month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require Public Holiday.
What we offer:
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.