Accounting Officer with English
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. Our 9,100 experts and 120 offices in 85 jurisdictions worldwide serve corporates, financial institutions, asset managers, private clients and family offices, providing the combination of accounting, tax, payroll, fund administration, compliance and entity management services essential to global business success.
We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the Regional Delivery Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting & tax, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in dealing with international clients? Do you see yourself as a true team player and are you looking for the opportunities to develop yourself through experience and training? Are you willing to use the many possibilities to grow in a large and international organization with presence in more than 80 countries? Then probably, our Accounting Officer position at TMF Group might be the right challenge for you.
On this role, you will join the Dutch accounting team, supporting international clients. In the team you support the Supervisor Accounting with financial and administrative matters of these specific client companies taking into account the existing procedures of TMF Group. You are part of a dedicated international client team and you have a delegated responsibility and challenge for keeping the client files in financial and legal good standing.
- Set up and maintain computerized administrations and/or financial databases
- Compile, enter and post monthly journal entries
- Prepare statutory financial reports as well as client-specific reports
- Assist in cash management including the management of bank accounts and payment instructions
- Prepare reporting to third parties, e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Dutch Central Bank
- Maintain contact with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, notaries and other involved parties in order to obtain the required information for reporting purposes
- Analyse legal documents and extract financial data for financial reporting
- Execute any activities necessary to ensure TMF Group c.a. and its clients comply with which is from a sound compliance point of view required or otherwise desired
- University Degree (Finance and Accounting or Economics or other related); or a comparable level achieved through exposure and experience
- Preferably a minimum of 2 - 5 years relevant working experience in accounting (end to end, GL experience preferable)
- You dispose of excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and affinity with IFRS; knowledge of Dutch GAAP would be an additional asset
- A thorough knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of Caseware and Dynamics or similar
- Very good English language skills (both verbal and written); knowledge of Dutch would be an asset
- Good communication skills coupled with the ability to liaise with people internationally, through spoken and written channels and at all levels
- Strong attention to details and analytical skills
- Proactive attitude and orientation on problem solving
Working at TMF Group offers
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing for the Multikafeteria program (e.g. Multisport card)
- Access to a language platform with 12 different languages to learn
- Access to a mental health and well-being platform offering a variety of functionalities that will support you in caring for your well-being
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays (social fund)
- Opportunity to take part in charity projects
* Please note, we’ll contact selected Candidates only
What’s in it for you?
Make an impact
Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
At TMF Group, it’s our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
Applications close: 31 Oct 2023 Central European Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.