Associate Accountant (Management Company Services)
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Management Company Accountant to join our team at our Salt Lake City, UT or Carmel, IN office.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or Indianapolis, IN (hybrid)
- Responsible for internal accounting functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, vendor management, expenses, and supporting the month end financial statements and yearly tax documentation;
- Process and post vendor invoices using internal accounting system. Ensure all invoices are credited to correct accounts and business units;
- Trace and follow up with approvers to insure timely approval of vendor invoices;
- Maintain and update vendor invoice approval matrix and audit for correct approvals;
- Maintain vendor files to ensure all information is complete, i.e., W9’s, ACH payment information;
- Verify and resolve vendor discrepancies;
- Month end close support including; preparing cash/journal entries, reporting, and reconciliations;
- Assist in the yearly reporting and close including; audit financials and supporting schedules, footnotes, assist with 1099 preparation, and other year end functions; and
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 2+ years’ experience with quarterly journal entries, preparing AR/AP aging reports, bank reconciliations, and preparing fixed assets and supporting financial schedules;
- Previously worked in a fast paced, high volume accounting department;
- Experience with creating and submitting NACHA files and electronic payment processing;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to analyze information/data and report research results;
- Ability to organize and prioritize incoming requests;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable initiating follow up questions with all levels of the business;
- Ability to create and format reports in Excel, including formatting, filtering, summations, etc.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
- As well as many more…
For more information, please visit: careers.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,300 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.