KYC CoE Operations Lead
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
Who we are
The Jordan KYC Centre of Excellence has been established to achieve compliance with PwC’s global minimum KYC requirements across the Middle East region, using the best skilled people and market leading technology to safeguard our firm and clients.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who are keen to build a career in client onboarding (KYC) and compliance areas.
About the role
The main purpose of this role is to strengthen the leadership team in an operation that continues to experience significant growth and success by leading the operational delivery of multiple complex programmes and driving opportunities for growth.
- Operational management and delivery of large scale teams to deliver relevant, cost effective and process efficient solutions that meet the territory’s needs and objectives.
- Understanding of the minimum standards required for KYC and AML
- The implementation and operation of integrated processes and procedures aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory or policy guidance.
- Ensuring integration of policy revisions/new procedures provided by Compliance into the team’s work processes.
- Initiating data, technology and process improvements to drive up productivity and reduce costs.
- The successful rollout of new processes and technology to the team.
- Identification, escalation and management of operational risk and / or issues.
- Ensuring the team is adequately and appropriately resourced, including staff onboarding, training and upskilling.
- Understand the regulatory environment, and the changes on the horizon, to ensure that the business, clients and the KYC teams are equally prepared for these.
- Monitor operational performance of the team and responsible for generating and reporting management information on operational performance to senior stakeholders (both Global and Territory stakeholders) and engagement teams, ensuring performance meets with contractual obligations, SLAs and quality standards as well as budget and timescales.
- In conjunction with team managers assume responsibility for quality, risk and governance and seek ways to continually improve processes, driving efficiencies and automating processes through the use of technology where possible.
- Responsible for regular quality reviews to ensure compliance with policy and procedures and liaising with global teams in relation to global quality reviews and quality management system evaluations
- Help to position our services and capability across the PwC network, building and holding relationships with Partners
- Personally maintain strong professional relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Experience of operating at senior management level in an operations environment within financial services or compliance
- Experience reporting on operational performance to senior stakeholders
- Experience in risk, issue and escalation management
- Knowledge and understanding of customer remediation.
- Experience leading teams across multiple sites.
- Demonstrable success as a leader and of managing and developing large high performing teams.
- A track record of success setting up and / or running operations, demonstrating strategic outlook, commercial acumen and business planning.
- Experience working and delivering in a fast pace, SLA driven environment
- Experience managing and coaching teams within a managed services/ target driven environment
- Deep production planning and resource planning expertise
- Relevant financial services or compliance or KYC qualification
- PowerBI / Tableau / Advanced Excel experience
- Bilingual - English and Arabic
- Effective leadership skills
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships
- Ambitious and driven by success
- Entrepreneurial approach and mindset
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.