Regional Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partners are in charge of overseeing the financial management of schools in an area, as well as providing accurate, timely, and insightful financial reporting to Principals and the trust central finance staff. You will aid school-level decision-making by providing accurate and relevant financial information that takes into account possibilities and relative risks.
A national network of schools dedicated to providing an excellent education that propels all of the children in their care into extraordinary lives. It is our client's sincerely held belief that every child has something extraordinary to offer, and they consider it as their mission to assist each child in discovering this inside themselves. They will not accept anything less than great, and neither will their students. They are determined to exceed any self-imposed limitations.
- Throughout the employment lifetime, manage and lead a team of Finance Business Partners, including annual performance management.
- Examine monthly management accounts for all schools in the region, including monthly forecasts, commentary, and balance sheets.
- Accept trust-wide responsibility for one or more parts of financial management/reporting, ensuring that all schools account fully and accurately for the area of responsibility.
- Examine balance sheet reconciliations to ensure they are all current.
- Assist Finance Business Partners in carrying out their financial commitments to the region's schools, including monthly reporting.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports for all regional schools.
- Create fully costed, risk-based business cases for new projects in the region's schools.
- As needed, provide support, advice, and training to all principals, school staff, FBPs, and Governors, and ensure that all reporting deadlines are completed throughout the year.
- Assist the region's schools with internal and external audits, as well as cover for absences within the region and across the finance team.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Comprehensive understanding of all elements of finance, including in-depth knowledge of funding and grant requirements.
- Strong reporting skills are required to provide relevant and interesting financial reports that are targeted to the audience.
- Experience line managing a finance team member.
- £60,000-£65,000 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Local government pension scheme.