Assistant Management Accountant
There's never been a more exciting time to join Homebase. With our new owners, Bunnings, we're changing how we do things and shifting up a gear. By joining us at the beginning, you'll be able to help us create the best home improvement and garden business in the UK. And, because we understand that it's you who will make this happen, you can be sure you'll be working in a culture that's geared to helping you give your best.
About the role:
A great opportunity has come up due to internal promotion for a part–qualified accountant (or graduate with exemptions from relevant degree) to join us an Assistant Management Accountant. In the role you will produce the management reporting of various business areas as well as value added management reporting and financial analysis and insight for the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate production of all reporting on showroom, home delivery, contact centre and remedial costs for the business on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Preparation of multiple balance sheets in relation to these areas.
- Ensuring all reporting meets the ongoing requirements of the business through ongoing evaluation.
- Implementing consistent practices and drive efficiencies.
- Adhoc support/reporting on these areas as and when required by senior management or business partners.
- Raising and review of Purchase Orders including liaising with third parties where necessary.
- Working collaboratively with the wider financial reporting team, financial planning team and functional supports to provide an evolving service and support
- Developing and maintaining key business relationships with appropriate stakeholders within the Bunnings Group
At Homebase, our customers don't just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They're looking for ideas and inspiration from a wide range of products at low prices. It's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
And now we are part of Bunnings – a leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products in Australia and New Zealand. We have exciting changes ahead from bringing new ranges into our stores to upskilling our team with great product knowledge. It's the start of a brand new chapter for us. So come in and make yourself at home.
What we offer:
On top of a competitive salary and a variety of benefits, Homebase has won awards for its development programmes, so you'll be in good hands. From the outset, we'll ensure you have all the training you need to do your job and support you in creating a development plan that puts you in charge of your professional growth.
To succeed in the role you will be a part qualified accountant with great communication skills, great attention to detail and a very organized approach. Knowledge of retail along with some retail background would be ideal but it is not essential
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience in a large multisite retailer is desired.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of the retail industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Accounting principles and standards