Business Reporting - Controlling (Senior Associate Analyst)
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
As the Controlling Senior Analyst, she/he is responsible for all Planning and Controlling activities to support the rebates program and related activities for Agricultural Solutions (AP) in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ), namely
- Set up and update rebate accruals in SAP
- Perform the rebate calculation and settlement
- Perform rebate accruals review to check for accuracy and perform the necessary correction as needed
- Performing the calculation and create the necessary credit note for the rebates program
- Prepare the necessary settlement for the rebates program
- Prepare the necessary rebate related reports to support economic decision-making and value generation
- Keep close contact and co-work with Head of Controlling AP ANZ to create synergy
- Responsible for all ad hoc inquiries
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities
1. Planning & Controlling
1.1 Rebate Accrual Set Up
- Prepare the contract condition upload form and submit through Bizagi for approval
- Confirm rebate set up with Key Account Managers (KAMs)
- Confirm changes in customer groups with KAMs
- Verify and confirm any discrepancies with the customer experience team for the rebate master file
1.2 Rebate Accrual Update
- Update the rebate accrual rate
- Add new material to the existing rebate agreement
- Prepare the contract condition change form and submitting it through Bizagi for approval
- Liaise and confirm with KAMs for the rebate changes during the year
1.3 Rebate Settlement
- Perform the rebate calculation and settlement for quarter base rebate, Business Development Allowance (BDA), Customer Development Allowance (CDA), Early Order Program (EOP) and volume target rebate
- Send the calculation for review
- Prepare the rebate settlement form and submit it through Bizagi for approval
- Confirm with KAMs to identify any exceptions that need to be applied to settlements and calculate the corresponding financial impact
- Liaise with leaders from different business segments to follow up on pending approvals for BDA workflow request
- Consult and discuss with KAMs regarding any customer inquiries or concerns related to rebate payments
- Confirm and verify any discrepancies in Off Invoice Discounts (OID) or listed price with the leader of customer experience team
1.4 Rebate Accrual Review
- Perform rebate accrual review to check the accuracy and if any accrual balance from the accrual listing can be reversed
- Send the list of the rebate agreement that is no longer required for review
- Send the request by email to KL hub to reduce balance and get written approval at the same time
- Rectify the incorrect accrual, prepare the contract condition change form and submitting it through Bizagi for approval
- Collaborate with portfolio managers to rectify any incorrect accruals
1.5 Annual Seed Grader Program
- Perform the calculation, create the credit note via Non-trade portal and prepare the settlement via EFT
- Prepare the monthly manual journal for the rebate accrual (offer period only) via Blackline which will be sent for approval
- Prepare the calculation and audit review, then send for final review
- Create the credit note via Non-trade portal which will be sent for approval
- Prepare the rebate EFT form to be sent to KL and get the written approval at the same time
- Analyse the effectiveness of the program and send for review, then share it with the Canola portfolio manager
- Work together with customer experience team to obtain the purchase data, invoices/statements and the bank account confirmation for Seed Graders
- Collaborate and engage with the customer experience team and Canola portfolio manager to follow up on any customer account issues or discrepancies in data verification
1.6 Rebate related reports
- Prepare and analyse rebate information for different customer groups at the material level for KAMs as request
- Analyse the rebate exception requests in terms of their potential financial impact and communicate to KAMs and relevant personnel
- Compile and present regular rebate accrual breakdown and consumptions for BDA and CDA at sold-to level to portfolio managers and KAMs
- Provide detailed breakdown of rebate payments to external customers and be responsive to customer requests for modifications or adjustments based on their specific needs
2. Business Analysis
Act as business consultant
- Support ad-hoc requests, provide the proper analysis and do business partnering for decision making and value generation
- Continuous improvement for more efficient and innovative reporting using business intelligent tool for both side of distributing and receiving
- Develop/create new analysis reports with various insights in line with digitalization concept
3. Governance & Compliance
3.1 Policies & Procedures:
- Ensure that finance & accounting policies & procedure are adhere to
3.2 Initiate and observe Internal Control Effectiveness
- Support external/internal audit activities
3.3 Risk Management
- Monitor risks (e.g. insurance cases, law suits) and keep track of the likely risk value and entry probability
4. Interface Management
Organizational interface Management
- Check integrity of the data to ensure whether the information is relevant, transparent and reliable
- Support/ensure financial master data maintenance
5. Projects / Others
Different project assignments in the area of Finance & Controlling
- University graduate – Accounting / Finance / Controlling, ACCA and/or CIMA
- 3 years-experience in Controlling and/or Management Accounting
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding in planning & controlling process
- MS Excel (Advanced)
- BW applications (Advanced)
- SAP R/3 (Intermediate)
- BI methodologies (Power BI, Tableau, etc)
- Interpersonal and communications skills are important to develop and establish business partnering
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.