Analyst, Institut Fund Acctg
Under direct supervision responsible evaluating, analyzing and reconciling mutual funds and separately managed funds to determine the Net Asset Value (NAV) on a daily basis and for the production of client month-end reports. The analyst will assess the impact of investment manager trading activity on the investment portfolio returns and option market values and will also audit income postings, accruals, and corporate actions all within scheduled time frames. The analyst will be responsible for performing exception resolutions of cash, holdings reports and price variances and also any activity in the investment accounts.
- Determine Net Asset Value (NAV) for defined contribution plans on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and reconcile funds including mutual, benchmark, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports for daily valuation.
- Analyze the impact of transactions, income positions, accruals, and corporate actions on the portfolio investment options.
- Audit and resolve exceptions on assigned accounts according to procedures and within scheduled timeframes.
- Assist in the timely preparation of reports and financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and performance standards.
- Record and respond to partner and client inquiries resolving exceptions related to accounts.
- Value funds on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Provide client portfolio and 5500 reporting.
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred or relevant work experience in Fund Accounting or Mutual Fund Accounting.
- New grads with a Business degree may be considered Basic knowledge of accounting, finance and securities, usually obtained through business related coursework and/or prior related experience.
- Analytical skills and organizational skills are required to research and resolve inquiries within scheduled timeframes to meet client deadlines.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills are required to value the funds in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to absorb information quickly, work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy is critical.
- Strong Excel skills and usage of a Macro/Access is a plus.
- Campus : Early Career
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.