Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Account
About the role
TMS Global are a wholly owned subsidiary of DS Smith PLC, a FTSE100 listed multi-national packaging and display manufacturing business. TMS Global specialise in the outsourcing of retail display, print and packaging and are active in 97 markets globally. Our TMS family consists of just over 300 people who are spread internationally across Europe, AMEA and the Americas.
We have a new opportunity within our growing finance department for an Assistant Management Accountant to join us in a permanent role, which embraces a hybrid flexible working environment, where you would be expected to work at our headquarters in Manchester for 2 days a week.
This is a full-time role where you will assist the Senior Management Accountant who is responsible for looking after the European region. This roles' focus will be to support the Senior Management Accountant in producing management accounts, regular cashflow forecasts, budgets, balance sheet reconciliations, financial analysis and forecasting whilst ensuring financial control is maintained within TMS. Whilst the Senior and Management Accountant is ultimately responsible for this region, you will be given quite a lot of exposure across the team and due to the global nature of our business, you will have the opportunity to work in a multi-currency and multi-language environment.
- Analyse financial data to identify and resolve any issues and to explain any variances from budget or forecast
- Ensure that there are adequate and robust financial controls within the financial systems
- Identify and make recommendations on system and control improvements
- Support the annual budget and periodic forecast process
- Identification of areas where profit could be maximised through cost savings or other relevant measures
- Work on ad hoc projects as required
- Assist with the production and management of cash flow forecasts to share with the relevant stakeholders
If you are part qualified ACCA/CIMA or active studier with a few years experience who wants to grow within a multinational business then this role could be a great fit for you.
Having experience working in large multi-national or European companies would transfer over well to this role, but if you have predominantly UK based experience then this could offer you a great opportunity to gain exposure within a multi-national business. This role will mean you interact with a lot of people internally and at group level so being friendly and personable will go a long way as you meet our friendly family across the world.
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Study support and outlined progression path
- Pension and share scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work Policy
If you think you have the skills and background for this role, we invite you to apply on our website
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, summarising your interest in this opportunity.