Senior Manager, Corporate Audit
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 800 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for motivated individual to strengthen our corporate audit team in our new London office. With an exciting pipeline of new business it has paved the way for rapid growth. Working with a diverse client base, you’ll play a crucial role in the objectives of the team with strong opportunities for progression.
- Take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set.
- Demonstrates importance of meeting clients’ needs and takes responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high-quality work that exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Supports the project management of the audit and monitors and implements improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness without compromising quality.
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements.
- Identifies where consultation is required and leads discussions with technical, the client, the team and other specialists and provides a potential solution to enable appropriate evaluation and review.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
Technical skills, experience and knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, ICAS or equivalent.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while recommending solutions for more significant or challenging issues to the partner.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our people to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.