Tech-Savvy Business Services Accountant
Do you a have a passion in accounting and tax? Do you want to work somewhere where you'll flourish? If so we have the best job for you!
Consolid8 is a multi-award winning national accounting firm with global reach, using cloud technology and real world experience to deliver modern business solutions. The firm has merged with BDO Australia in 2019, the 5th largest accounting firm globally.
We are accountants with personality who speak to clients using language they understand. Our real-world approach sets us apart from traditional accounting firms. We draw on our commercial experience to deliver practical advice and solutions. We like to step into our clients’ shoes and frame tax and business advice from the business owner's perspective.
We are currently looking for a personable Intermediate to Senior Accountant to join the team at our modern office. You must have a genuine desire to help our clients, get the absolute best results for them and always be willing to go the extra mile.
A cultural fit with our team is as important as your skills and competencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of individual tax returns
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly BAS and management reports
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for partnerships, companies and trusts
- Assisting our clients to grow their businesses by better understanding tax compliance
- Assistance in annual tax planning for client groups
The ideal candidate will have:
- Accounting degree with a good academic record
- Min. 1–2 years of tax compliance experience in public practice
- Tech-savvy with a genuine interest in cloud accounting. Experience with cloud-based accounting software, especially Xero
- Started or planning to start CPA/CA
- Good understanding of ATO and ASIC processes
- Commercial and real-world approach in problem solving
- Reasonable research skills and an enquiring mind
- Interest and commitment in keeping up to date with tax legislations
- Great attention to detail that is balanced by flexible, professionally inquisitive mind
- Strong communication and client facing skills
- Self-motivated and keen to take initiatives
- Ability to listen and learn quickly and hit the ground running!
What is on offer?
- You will be working directly with partner and senior manager who are well-respected leaders with a coaching style to bring out the best in their team
- You will work with an extremely supportive and cohesive team who genuinely care about each other
- You will be provided with comprehensive training and career guidance
- Flexible work environment with good flexibility to work from home for the right candidate
- Ongoing technical and soft skill training – training and education is a big part of our business
- Fantastic coffees, fruit baskets, daily breakfast, weekly morning teas and monthly team events!
- Competitive salary package
Applicants are encouraged to act fast as we are seeking to appoint immediately!
If you would like to apply for this role, please copy and paste the following link: http://www.consolid8.com.au/careers#submit where you will be asked to upload a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with your resume and answers to the following four questions:
- What draws you to the role?
- What is your approach to client relationships?
- Why did you choose a career in accounting?
- Three words to describe yourself as a team member.
We are always looking for amazing innovative people to join us, so you are encouraged to answer the above questions by uploading a video to the above link if you would like to put yourself ahead of the pack!!
If you are shortlisted, we will be in touch within the next two weeks.
To find out more about Consolid8, please go to our website at www.consolid8.com.au. If you would like further information about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.