This individual will be responsible for managing a portfolio of a broad range of clients across multiple sectors, these will be largely non-audit engagements in Rickmansworth, though may include clients for all general practice partners across the firm.
This individual will work closely with all audit and accounts managers this individual will be responsible for coaching, and training across the outsourcing and accounts team.
Based in Rickamansworth office this leading Chartered Accountancy Practice has experienced significant growth. The firm services wide ranging clients, from small sole traders, partnerships through to clients up to and in excess of the audit threshold in turnover on larger limited company SMEs and OMBs.
The firm also has a decent number of larger clients/corporate and groups with audit requirements. The firm provides a mix of home to office hybrid working, flexible hours with an excellent work life balance and team focused culture, along with competitive salary and benefits.
The Key responsibilities for this Accounts Manager role will include:
- Reporting directly to Partners of the Accountancy Practice and liaising with other managers as required both in Rickmansworth and around the firm. Management of a portfolio of primarily non-audit clients for general practice partners.
- Planning, supervision and review of statutory accounts including preparing notes for partners. This includes liaising directly with clients and partners and taking responsible for each assignment from planning to completion.
- Assist the outsourcing team with technical matters and work alongside the outsourcing team to bring jobs through from bookkeeping, VAT returns and management accounts to statutory accounts production.
- The ability to prepare and supervise the preparation of financial statements in accordance with accounting standards.
- Assisting and managing staff with technical accounting issues.
- Actively training and coaching staff and adding value to their development, this may be presenting to staff or being involved in the development of internal courses.
- Preparation of business tax computations using the support of the tax team where required, strong awareness of corporate tax issues to be mindful of during accounts preparation process and when liaising with clients on relevant tax matters.
The Successful candidate for this Accounts Manager will be/have:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Experience as an existing Audit and Accounts manager within a similar organisation
- Strong knowledge of accounting (including incomplete records), bookkeeping, VAT and corporate tax.
- Confidence and understanding of the functionality of the main key underlying bookkeeping packages used in the market, along with associated resources to enable an efficient process for statutory accounts and corporate tax returns to be prepared from such records.
- A confident approach in identifying efficient processes to support clients with their accounting, record keeping and exchange of information, through the latest and most appropriate technologies.
- Able to deal confidently and effectively with clients, staff and partners
- Able to provide on the job training for staff as appropriate, identifying training needs and ensuring appropriate support is provided as needed.
What is on offer for the candidate?
- up to £65,000
- Full Time or Part time - minimum 30 hours per week
- 28 days holiday (pro rata)
- Life Assurance 4x salary
- Full Time/ minimum 30 hours per week,
- Monday- Friday (office flexitime arrangement is in place 8am-6.30pm, core hours are between 10am-4.30pm. Agile working available, with a minimum of 60% of time in office)