Audit Manager (General Audit/Financial Services)
The Manager manages a portfolio of engagements to deliver high quality audit services. You will provide leadership on audit engagements which includes engagement planning, execution, and finalisation of an audit engagement. You will be fully accountable for the audit engagement and ensure that the engagement process against budget and timeline is closely monitored. You will develop and maintain long-term client relationships.
You will review and provide key technical expertise to ensure the quality of audit work performed is in compliance with professional standards and requirements. You will also undertake a role in professional development activities such as training, staff recruitment and performance management.
- Manage a portfolio of international and local clients and deliver quality audit and assurance services, which includes planning, directing and completing the audits, as well as developing and guiding your team members to achieve the same objective
- Apply requisite professional scepticism during the course of the work and exercise professional judgement on critical technical issues
- Manage the stakeholders’ expectations and project timelines, and proactively keep them abreast of the progress of the project
- Attend trainings planned for you to keep yourself updated of the developments of relevant professional standards
- Coach, motivate and develop team members to attain experience that cultivate technical competencies, and this would include conducting trainings of the team members with the assistance of our in-house technical and training team
- Manage staff performance, conduct timely performance reviews, and provide performance feedback
- Work with the business development team on pitches
- Work with the audit business support team to manage engagement financials, including budgets, profitability, work-in-progress, timely billing and collection
- Facilitate effective communication within the cross functional and culturally diverse team
- Professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably from an international accounting firm
- Strong grasp of technical skills with proficiency in SFRS/IFRS and SSA/ISA.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively and efficiently across all levels
- Possess strong ethical values and has respect for diversity
- Proactive and possess positive “can do” attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities.
- Adaptable and can work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and able to reasonably keep up with the changes in technology