Audit, Manager (Banking)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced audit professional to perform operational and financial audits on clients in the financial services sectors, with a particular focus on banking and capital markets.
The Manager will be tasked to manage a portfolio of engagements to deliver high quality audit services. You will provide leadership on audit engagements which includes engagement planning, execution, and finalisation of an audit engagement. You will be fully accountable for the audit engagement and will have to ensure that the engagement process against budget and timeline is closely monitored. You will work closely with the Audit Partner(s) to build and develop the expertise of the team.
- Manage and supervise the execution of audit engagements of financial services clients, with a particular focus on banking and capital markets, in accordance with the relevant regulatory and professional standards and requirements.
- Oversee engagement management of an audit portfolio, including managing the budget, resourcing strategy, billing and collections, and monitoring progress against the plan, timeline, and milestones.
- Build and manage client relationships and accounts, including driving the client experience on engagements.
- Build a strong professional team, provide regular coaching and feedback to the team for continuous performance enhancement, and engage the team to deliver value added services to our clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and research findings regarding accounting literature, trends, and technical issues relevant to the client’s industry.
- Stay abreast of industry trends to identify potential issues and risks, as well as best practices, laws, rules, and regulations impacting auditing standards and the client’s industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, preferably with a professional qualification in CA (Singapore) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of audit experience. (Candidate who is currently an Assistant Audit Manager will also be considered for the Manager role)
- Experience in auditing clients in the banking and capital markets, payments and/or fintech space preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of relevant risk management, compliance requirements, auditing standards and accounting principles.
- Strong project management and time management skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing demands and environment and ability to rapidly develop in-depth knowledge of new audit areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.