Risk and Compliance Manager
About the role
Are you a qualified accountant looking for a new challenge? A role where you are working with an internal set of clients? A role where you can help to ensure the firm are effectively managing risk and complying with regulations? We have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant who is looking to use their existing skills and experience in a slightly different position with an equally interesting career pathway.
Working in the Risk and Compliance team you will be involved in supporting the business as we grow. Splitting your time between working on day-to-day tasks and firm wide projects; this is a varied role where no two days are the same!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively across all teams to provide best practice advice and embed practical procedures to mitigate risk.
- Overseeing the execution of compliance and regulatory audits, ensuring adherence to procedures and following up on any required actions under the ICAEW Practice Assurance scheme.
- Reporting into quality management systems such as ISQM1
- Coordinating and playing a major role in supporting external reviews from our regulators.
- Ensuring regulations in areas such as Anti Money Laundering and Data Protection are adhered to.
- Assisting our responsible business team with Supplier initiatives including developing supply chain procedures.
- Working on ad hoc projects throughout the year with many opportunities to be involved in firmwide initiatives.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent).
- Experience of working within a professional services firm or internal audit/audit function.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to respond to issues quickly and calmly. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A proactive approach to work with strong prioritisation and organisation skills.
Why Bishop Fleming?
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and a Christmas break.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Simply Health plan giving access to (and reimbursement for) multiple health services and complementary therapies
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform offering over 4,000 perks and discounts.
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events both internal and external; across the firm
- Numerous opportunities for personal and career development
Please contact Caroline Smale; Risk and Compliance Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.