This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Responsible for Treasury decisions and support in Malta. This includes oversight of treasury operations associated with cash management and intercompany loans in Malta along with broader strategic decisions related to legal entity capital structure and repatriation. Works closely with colleagues across the Finance organization and global Treasury team to optimize cash management efficiency, cash forecasting, and country support. Provides oversight of repatriation policy within the EMEA region with a particular focus on Malta. Acts as a key member of the Tax, Treasury, Accounting and Legal Committee (“TTALC”) team with responsibility for Malta and the broader EMEA region.
Essential duties & responsibilities include:
- Review of EMEA Treasury cash management activities on behalf of Baxter Malta entities including review of account structure, investments, and treasury payments as required
- Oversight of cash forecasting across EMEA and associated affiliate support across the region, including Malta
- Supports country-level and EMEA liquidity needs and efforts to optimize cash repatriation efficiency and funding requirements
- Supports both internal and external audit enquiries
- Participant in monthly TTALC meetings and drives TTALC decisions on behalf of Malta and other entities within EMEA region.
- Provides oversight of dividend and repatriation policy within the EMEA region with a particular focus on Malta.
- Monitors, analyzes, and documents creditworthiness and debt capacity of intercompany borrowers with a particular focus on loans granted from Malta.
- Ensures ICO loans are compliant with TP policy, are priced appropriately and conducts annual review of long and short term loan allocations across EMEA, including Malta.
- Gather and review intercompany flows, including tax and other material adjustments, across the EMEA region
- Review statutory financial statements to ensure financial health of entity
Business Advisory and Strategic Initiatives
- Support the execution of strategic projects from a treasury perspective
- Review and assess capital structure of legal entities to allow for maximum future repatriation pipelines and identify roadblocks
- Provide affiliate support from a Treasury perspective with a focus on Malta but also extended to the EMEA region
Job requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Solid business acumen with ability to understand complex global Treasury processes
- Clear ability to think critically and problem solve efficiently and systematically
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally and cross-regionally
- 5-7 years of experience in treasury.
- Kyriba experience preferred.
- Project management experience a plus
- Local/Regional Treasury certification desired (or plan to take such certification)