Consultant - Value Added Tax
Designation: Consultant (Indirect Tax/ VAT)
Reports to: Manager equivalent or above
KPMG’s Indirect Tax practice is seeking for a talented Consultant to join the rapidly expanding team in a collaborative, forward-thinking environment at one of the world's top Tax Advisory provider. Our Tax professionals has extensive Tax insight and are equipped with the latest Tax technology. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about Tax, open to new thoughts, and dedicated to delivering exceptional client service.
You will be working with the most-brightest, talented, collaborative, and high performing teams who works on a large complex and challenging project within private and public sectors. This is the most significant and exciting time to join KPMG and be part of the continuous expansion and growth to make a real impact in shaping your client’s business. We support professional career growth and development; we value experience and reward exceptional talent.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Participates in preparing proposals for clients, including writing and coordinating with other colleagues.
- Coordinates with other KPMG offices in multi-jurisdictional engagements and reviews inputs from such offices.
- Ensures that risk processes are adhered to at all times; consults internally and with the risk team for deviations from standard engagement and client processes
- Build and sustain relationships with the client management team for the benefit of the firm and acting as an ambassador and role model for the firm
- Act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm
- Manage multiple priorities for a variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Identify and manage risks to ensure the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- Show real interest and desire to understand clients, market features and technical aspects while providing input into designing/implementing solutions alongside senior colleagues
- Identify areas for development and proactively seek opportunities for greater responsibility to increase skill set and build on existing strengths
- Enhance KPMG's reputation in the market by delivering high quality engagement work and project management, showing high attention to detail, and always managing risk
- Create a visible presence within KPMG and the external market, increasing interactivity across teams and with clients
Relevant Skills and Behaviors:
Core and technical skills
- 2-3 years of experience in Indirect Tax, more specifically Value Added Tax (VAT) in the GCC region.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related fields with strong academic background
- Strong academic background with ADIT/Accounting, ACA, CPA, ACCA, Masters in Taxation or Legal qualification or similar professional qualification is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Indirect Tax including VAT compliances, VAT advisory, VAT audit/ assessments, tax due diligences etc. Experience in Excise and Customs duty are an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of tax accounting, business development, client relationship and client management
- Strong risk management knowledge and application including documentation, ability to escalate issues quickly to risk management specialists for resolution, incorporating risk management into the work environment such that it is a part of the inherent process of engagement delivery
- Practice management skills including debtors, timesheets, billing, follow-up on recovery with clients
- Excellent in professional report writing skills, including ability to write simple tax reports and opinions
- Proven track record of building and maintaining lasting internal and external relationships
- Strong numerical, analytical, strategic thinking and project management skills
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented, committed, self-starter and ability to prioritize work/cope with changing priorities while working independently and with a team.
- Personal drive and integrity to deliver results within tight deadlines
- Commitment to high quality standards and a detail-oriented approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Analytical, critical thinking; excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent English – Verbal & written, Arabic and other language skills are an added advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.