Fund Accountant Supervisor
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
Fund Accountant Supervisor
TMF Fund Services is an independent alternative fund administrator with over two decades of experience in providing an extensive range of services, coupled with a very personal approach. We combine our technology, expertise and global infrastructure to deliver a customized package of services to our clients. These include: Fund Administration, Investor Services, Portfolio & Managed Account Services, Depositary and Corporate Services.
- Manage tax and audit processes
- Provide necessary information to auditors and tax accountants for completion of audits and tax returns within scheduled time frames
- Project manage the audit and tax process
- Ownership of client product delivery, managing both internal and external timelines
Review of accurate:
- Quarterly management fee calculations
- Management accounts
- Annual financial statements in accordance with applicable financial reporting framework
- Distribution calculations and distribution letters
- Capital call calculations and capital call letters
- Carried interest and waterfall calculations
- Equalization calculations
- Investor registers
- Any other deliverables as agreed in administration agreement
- Manage relationships
- Provide exceptional client service experience
- Act as a primary client contact, with responsibility for responding to client questions and requests
- Leading regular scheduled meetings with clients
- Interfacing and enhancing relationships with various stakeholders such valuations, treasury, investor relations, custodians, and management company teams among other.
- Manage, train, and assist manager with developing Fund/Senior Fund accountants
- This includes onboarding and enforcing company policies among other.
- Act as point of support for team members and may be required to prepare at times.
- Read and understand various agreements, including the Service Level Agreements to determine how the provisions impacts the operations and reporting deliverables.
- Assist manager with projects and other ad hoc tasks
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Fund accounting for Alternative Funds (Private Equity, Real Estate, Private Debt) with at least 2 years’ experience as a reviewer or
- A qualified accountant ideally ACCA, CA, or CIMA with at least 2 years post qualifying experience as a reviewer preferably in financial services
- Good knowledge of IFRS and ideally other GAAPs, specifically Brazilian GAAP and US GAAP.
- Knowledge of Investran and/or Yardi– this would be considered as advantage
- Familiarity with tax-efficient European, US and / or Brazilian fund structures and related investment vehicles and regulatory requirements – this would be considered as advantage
- Other characteristics: accurate, self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team, deadline driven and able to maintain a portfolio of clients
What's in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity in an international company
- Professional development opportunities as well as extensive individual further training opportunities, supported by our TMF Business Academy
- A career within an ever evolving market
- Flat hierarchies with direct contact to management and international exchange
Applications close: 27 Sep 2023 South Africa Standard TimeFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.