Add an annual turnover of $24 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across over 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We are excited to announce an immediate opening for a Financial Controller Trainee at our HQ location in Dublin 15.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to achieve continued growth and success within the Business Management Arena and to further develop progression opportunities within Enterprise.
This is a high profiled role that involves business partnership with other department heads and the rental team. This position offers strong business professional and financial growth opportunities working alongside a team of 14 accountants. The role offers a fantastic first hand opportunity to gain exposure and experience of the business.
This role will be open to internal and external candidates.
Promotions Come with Increased Responsibility!
As you get to know how our business works, and your ability to make solid business decisions, you'll soon find yourself moving up through the organization. How fast you progress is entirely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there's truly nothing holding you back.
Here's the career path you'll go through:
This role will see you reporting to an accounting supervisor and involves the following responsibilities-
- Responsible for accounts payable and liaising with Shared Services to manage payments and queries
- Monthly creditor's reconciliation for monthly financial statements
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly accounts
- Prepare journal entries and maintain accuracy of the general ledger
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly P&L cost analysis
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Assistance with revenue recognition/reporting & processing of refunds
- Assist with year end audit.
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Responsible for managing and training Branch/Area Managers on procedural issues and compliance
- Exposure to internal auditing of branches as per company guidelines
- Extensive involvement and development in areas such as reducing break-even, cost management
- Other strategic exposure with aim to prepare the candidate to future career path of financial controller
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent excel skills – vlookups, sumifs, pivottables etc
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated, flexible individual who can work closely with other finance team members and build relationships across functions
- Ability to work under pressure and take full responsibility for their duties
- Driven with a focus on career progression
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Accounting, Finance or Business-related degree or AAT accreditation
- Fully committed to pursuing a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA,ACA)
- A valid Irish driving license as the role will include a certain level of business travel