Please note this role is advertised for employment with Sagars (an AAB Group Company).
Audit Senior - Leeds
If you’re a part qualified, newly qualified or experienced Audit senior with a passion for supporting SMEs, then we’d love to hear from you.
Purpose of the role/key responsibilities:
- Execute planning and completion of audit work in line with internal processes and procedures and due consideration of resources and budget, with guidance
- Take responsibility for planning, fieldwork and completion of audits, taking a key role in the audit team, managing delivery expectations and highlighting any issues at an early stage
- Identify and undertake more complex audit areas during fieldwork stage, with guidance, and referring queries to more senior members of the audit team
- Attend planning and clearance meetings, taking an active role the meeting preparation, contributing to discussion and answering queries where appropriate, both from audit team and client
- Review draft accounts, issue to client and deal with any queries arising, with guidance
- Preparation of statutory financial statements from client’s trial balance and advise on disclosures
- Work with the corporate tax team to provide corporation tax compliance and related advice
- Demonstrate the ability to act as the client’s main point of contact on site during audit fieldwork, dealing with queries and identifying areas where other service lines could provide support
- Manage work delegated to junior members of the team while still being responsible for overall delivery to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate an understanding of recoveries, quotes provided for work, lock up, scope creep and WIP
Experience and skill set required for the role:
- A professional accountancy qualification – ICAEW/ACCA/ICAS or equivalent
- Newly qualified or part qualified considered
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of a client facing role
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, with an ability to develop ideas into practice
What we offer
- Paid overtime
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualification and experience
- Agile, flexible and variable working arrangements
- Loyalty holidays
- Dress for your day policy
- Pension scheme contributions
- Paid study leave
- Paid courses and exam fees.
Perhaps more important than all of this is that three of our current partners and lots of our Directors and Senior Managers joined us as graduates – proof of the excellent career prospects that exist for the right people.
How to apply
Sagars is a professional practice of the future, but we’ve been in business long enough to know that the game is won or lost at the recruitment stage, so we only hire the very best people and we play to our strengths.
Our core values determine who we are and how we work, everyone has an equally important role to play at Sagars.
It is not about who you are, but what you do that counts, and we’ll reward you for it. Our whole team is based in one open plan Leeds City Centre office, where communication is open and our relationships are secured on trust. There are also opportunities to work with teams across offices in the AAB group based in Scotland and the Island of Ireland.
Got a good feeling about Sagars? Think you’d fit right in? Then we’d love to hear from you. Please email your cv or get in touch to discuss the opportunity to further to Susan Seaman .