IT Internal Auditor
We are looking for a seasoned individual with initiative, drive, and ambition to join our team. As an IT Internal Auditor, you will shape and deliver the future IT audit and risk strategy at Primark. This exciting role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join our growing, dynamic, innovative and fast paced business.
As a key member of the Primark Internal Audit team, you will perform risk-based technology audits. You will contribute to the effectiveness and development of the Technology Internal Audit function at Primark, evaluate and help enhance the maturity of the internal control environment, and provide appropriate guidance and support to the technology leadership team.
This opportunity by its nature offers unique exposure to our high-energy commercial business, its operations, and its people. It offers interesting and challenging work across a variety of financial, operational and regulatory engagements. You will play a pivotal role in planning, executing and reporting on a range of technology internal audit assignments and delivering work to schedule. The role helps to ensure that emerging technology risks are addressed, and that internal controls are appropriately designed, operationally effective and aligned with Primark and Associated British Foods Group (ABF) objectives. Ideally you will have specific skills in cyber and information security.
For the right candidate this role offers the potential for significant personal development and a strong career pathway in the business.
You will be expected to deliver high-quality audit work, ensuring completion on time, including:
- Be able to accurately plan and effectively manage audit fieldwork.
- Assess risk and influence stakeholders on actions for remediation and improvement.
- Create trusted relationships and effective communication channels with leaders and relevant stakeholders to drive business objectives.
- Produce excellent working papers, drafting clear and concise reports to senior leadership.
- Support in the deliverance of a portfolio of risk-based, end-to-end technology audits.
- Track previous audit issues, updating progress, and gathering evidence of remediation
- Be able to work with information gathered from multiple sources across the business, evaluate true business requirement, ensure proposed strategic solutions and processes are reconciled with all relevant business inputs.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly progress reports to local and ABF management.
- Set aggressive goals and be accountable for continuously driving the strategic agenda.
- Providing support to business process and financial auditors using data analytics, as required.
- Completing ad-hoc project governance tasks relating to IT risks.
- The successful candidate will be required to be flexible to travel.
If you meet the below criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting business, then we want to hear from you!
- Previous experience in external and/or internal audit is essential and ideally working in the Big 4.
- Experience of performing business process walkthroughs and scoping relevant IT controls.
- Proficient in applying a risk-based audit approach and testing expected internal controls.
- Understanding of the three lines of defence, how to strengthen it and add value.
- Curious, self-starter, with ability to adapt to change and multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data.
- Challenges the status quo and applies lessons learned to enhance future ways of working.
- Strong report-writing skills, with ability to focus on high-level summary for senior executives.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Third level education in a related field.
- Experience with data analytics and audit tools is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of accountability
- Commercial mindset, organising workload with emerging risk at the forefront.
- Professional certifications in, or working towards, IT / IT risk such as CISA is desirable.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to push back with professionalism.
- Proven ability in developing effective work relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- High level of integrity and diplomacy.
- Sound judgement and unquestionable ethics with high degree of transparency and trust.
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.