Internal Audit Senior Manager
Purpose of the Role:We are looking for an experienced Internal Audit Senior Manager to drive and deliver our Internal Audit Strategy. As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of colleagues and leaders, learn and innovate, have a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. This new and exciting role is critical in the planned expansion of our business. The successful candidate will be innovative, passionate, adaptable and a change agent.Reporting directly to the Head of Internal Audit and working closely with the broader Internal Audit team and key stakeholders, you will be expected to drive the longer-term strategic priorities whilst maintaining oversight of day-to-day activities. You will play a leading role in shaping the future of our Internal Audit practices whilst partnering closely with key stakeholders from a number of areas across our business.The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker, with experience developing, embedding and enhancing Internal Auditing in a fast-paced organisation. This exciting position will see a suitable candidate playing a pivotal role in deep diving into our processes and procedures, assessing performance and risk, developing actionable insights, presenting findings and working with management to support implementation to improve overall effectiveness.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and agree the audit plan annually. The audit plan should be designed to allow for the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, processes and internal standards by which the organisation’s financial, physical and information resources are managed and comply with the ABF Financial Control Framework.
- Build, develop and execute an effective risk-based Audit Plan for approval by Senior Management.
- Lead and develop the business Internal Audit function and proactively advise the business on all Internal Audit opportunities, liaising with key stakeholders where necessary.
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the business to understand and communicate the impact and role of Internal Audit.
- Provide regular updates on the progress of the audits to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to bring efficiencies to processes and technology, improving ways of working and enhancing controls. Analyse tools, processes and procedures that would enhance efficiency, effectiveness and/or control.
- Influence key stakeholders across the business to ensure processes are compliant with required standards. Ensure Primark’s systems are best in class and availing of all relevant technological advances leading and driving change.
- Lead on any Internal Audit planning including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending & monitoring the implementation of selected projects.
- Identify and report on key areas of strategic risk and mitigation plans.
- Develop and lead the business audit team, including suitable co-source partners (where required), to ensure audits are delivered in accordance with the Audit Plan.
- Develop compelling, data-driven communications including the quarterly Audit Committee presentations.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing audit reports and collating responses from management. In doing so communicate audit findings and issue audit reports to stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of the continually evolving internal audit landscape, bringing key insights and data leadership into strategic planning to continually push the business forward.
- Lead and build a high performing team, with quality coaching and development. Focus on developing team members and identifying training requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships not only with the Assurance function, but across the wider business; Develop a strong understand of our commercial operations in order to manage risk and delivery quality service to Primark.
- Take ownership of selected one-off projects or other advisory work based on requests from the business. Compile ad-hoc reports or performing investigations as required by the Finance and Risk Committee or Senior Management.
- Ensure progress on key decisions, remove roadblocks and act as the point of escalation for workstream risks and issues to ensure deadlines are met. Prioritise audit work whilst reviewing work performed by Internal Audit team and provide direction on audit testing based on the audit scope. Conduct post-audit debriefs to identify areas for improvement in audit processes.
- 7 years experience and ACA or ACCA qualification essential.
- Senior Management experience including people and project management. Substantial and proven experience of Internal Audit Senior Management within a large organisation and/or consultancy environment - Big 4/Top 10 professional services.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of risk-based auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles, and practices. Substantial experience of conducting detailed data and financial analysis, with a good knowledge of relevant analytics tools and methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by analysing business risks.
- Good understanding of organisational dynamics and business process and policies. A working knowledge of business processes, key risks, operational and financial controls in retail/fashion / FMCGs desirable.
- A real team player, with strong leadership skills and the ability to provide clarity and direction to previously unexplored topics
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, ability to present complex information comprehensible to all areas of the business, whilst demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to push back with professionalism
- The ability to navigate complex multi-stakeholder environments and the strong interpersonal skills that are required to work cross-functionally and generate ‘buy-in’ from all stakeholder groups.
- Excellent attention to detail when interrogating high volumes of data/information.
- Articulate and able to build a strong narrative argument, distilling lots of information into a clear and consistent story that will resonate with Primark management.
- Proven track record of project managing complex cross-functional projects while maintaining an efficient plan, tracking issues, and proactively communicating progress against project milestones.
- Excellent written and oral communicator, with the ability to present to senior members of the business with confidence. Strong report writing and editing skills.
- Challenges the status quo and applies lessons learned to enhance future ways of working.
- Creates trusted relationships and collaborates across multi country, diverse and multi-functional teams to drive business objectives
- Sets aggressive goals and accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change, and ensuring high standards.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team, and work within agreed timescales.
- Demonstrates a “can do” pro-active approach.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy and tact.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity. High degree of transparency and trust.