Finance Analyst - FX Management | Al Futtaim Motors | Finance
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
This role will support the Finance Manager, Al Futtaim Motors in handling treasury activities at business unit level, Balance sheet management and other day to day operations.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly FX exposure based on the latest updates received from volumes & pricing team.
- Analyse the variance in volumes against the previous exposure and obtain the reason
- Review the pricing file against each model shared by pricing team and secure clarification in case of any material variance.
- Ensuring to receive latest shipment data for subsequent month from Demand & Supply chain team in order to review the hedging position.
- Ensure that the hedge coverage ratio against the forecasted exposure for subsequent month is as per agreed strategy
- Regularly update the FX register to arrive at Yen position at any point of time.
- Review & update the swap gain/loss to ensure the accuracy of effective Hedge rate
- Prepare the monthly Yen working & reports to arrive at the latest yen position for respective stake holders to take decision on Yen strategy.
- Raise Internal note towards JPY hedging based on the outputs from monthly yen discussion
- Review the existing hedge position and update the payments dates for subsequent hedging based on the latest exposure
- Monitor weekly JPY payments and initiate required action to book FX or take early delivery against shortfall or roll over the FX trade to future trade in case of excess hedge.
- Raise various orders in TRM for GTC to execute the trades including monthly hedging, spot purchases for shortfall, rollover & early delivery.
- Provide required workings to Treasury team to process the supplier payments against FX booked.
- Ensure with Treasury back office & I2P team that all necessary entries have been accounted in SAP
- Review the Exchange Difference G/L in detail and analyse the reason for any entries posted under this G/L
- Prepare the necessary working required for monthly Standard rate fixation.
- Ensure the accuracy of FX exposure, paid GIT, swap gain/loss, unhedged coverage while preparing standard rate working in order to avoid any Exchange gain/loss impact.
Cash Flow Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare bi-weekly Cash flow as per template shared by group treasury.
- Ensure the accuracy of bi-weekly Cash flow data based on the latest forecast i.e. based on inputs from volumes team on Inventory, Collections data from respective business team and others.
- Review the actual opening balances of Cash and Borrowings and provide material variance analysis of the movements against the budget/forecast/previous month.
- Ensure that Bi-Cash flow is shared with Divisional FP&A team and uploaded in Anaplan EIT portal within timelines.
Balance Sheet Management and Substantiation
- Ensure that all guidelines are followed related to governance of Balance sheet FS items
- Ensure all related transaction are posted before the closure of books during each month-end.
- Trend report and schedules should be updated monthly with relevant KPIs.
- Review & analyze on monthly basis the misstatements under each Balance sheet G/L.
- Liaise with various teams to identify the key issues and resolve the misstatements.
- Support Audit requirements both Internal and External Audit.
Balance Sheet Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist in forecasting Balance Sheet along with specific details and schedules.
- Report and review Balance sheet items and provide variance analysis between the months/ budgeted amount and/ or against forecast along with KPIs
- Support the FP&A team in any other adhoc project.
- Support in P&L and BS reporting and uploading in the respective IT system.
- Coordinating with various stakeholders for maintaining the accuracy and effective accounting.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Provide support to manager in various FX (Forex) related transaction for entity by preparing FX exposure, managing FX requirement with Group & banks, provide timely FX settling instruction to payments team & fixation of currency rate in system.
- Support in preparing the Cash flow as per latest forecast and update key stake holders on Net Debt movements.
- Support in preparing balance sheet during each forecast cycle and also analyze & provide key updates on variance against actuals & previous forecast.
- Support finance team in balance sheet substantiation by reviewing all financial accounts and ensure that there are no misstatements under respective Balance sheet FS items.
- Should have minimum 3 year experience in managing the above roles and good communication skills.
- Should be proficient in MS excel & MS PowerPoint and SAP experience is an added advantage
About the Team:
In this role you will be working in a diverse and fast paced environment and reporting directly to the sales manager.
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor’s Master’s degree in Finance/accounting or equivalent.
- Three to five years of experience in a similar role with a large conglomerate or a large multinational corporation with a focus on cash, liquidity, FX risk management and working capital optimization.
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Microsoft Office, proficient in SAP or equivalent is a plus.
- Present concepts, recommendations, and analyses to senior management in a clear, concise, and actionable manner.
- Able to manage competing priorities in a cross-functional environment
- Work independently with limited supervision. A Self-starter, with a passion to act while focusing on delivering results.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Able to identify, act and implement ideas that drive continuous improvement
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.