Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
You will be working within a fast-growing multinational organization and an experienced and highly performing team within ANZ Finance. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about finance and specially interested in operations and manufacturing performance management. You will be based on site with flexible working environment and a great supportive team.
This role will be rewarding for someone with astute financial and management accounting acumen and experience who can liaise with multiple stakeholders at various levels within the organization and is good at communicating financial information with stakeholders from non-financial background.
This site accountant role is focused on preparing and presenting site performance management reports on weekly and monthly basis within tight deadlines, by gathering information and data from multiple sources and tools. This involves completing and following the outlined process(es) throughout the week and month and liaising with operations and site leadership team. The successful candidate will demonstrate problem solving skills and business partnering skills in a multinational organization.
Work Location: Brisbane, Australia
Reporting To: ANZ IO Finance Business Partner
- Provide support and assistance to the ANZ IO Finance Business Partner and wider Operations Finance team while meeting reporting requirements within deadlines. This includes:
- Provide management reports for Manufacturing Plant, including monthly profit and loss statement, balance sheet reconciliations, commentary on financial performance month to date and year to date.
- Assist other departments by providing financial and management information and advice, as required.
- Prepare and provide monthly financial reporting against budget, targets and prior years consisting of Management Cost Reports, Manufacturing KPI Reporting, Inventory Reporting, Labour Cost and Headcount reporting.
- Prepare and submit Financial Budgets and rolling Forecasts with clear identification and reporting of cost drivers and variables.
- Fixed Assets accounting and management of capital expenditure budget and spend with monthly reporting of spend vs budget. Identify and capitalise asset items at the end of the project and ensure compliance with fixed assets policy.
- Provide financial analysis and insights to help support inventory is at the right levels and manage write-offs process to help the site hit their targets.
- Prepare and provide support for weekly KPI reporting for weekly site leadership meetings. This includes weekly headcount reporting, volume and cost reporting, inventory reporting and ensuring all the relevant weekly KPIs on cost, service, quality, and performance are accurate and duly validated.
- Ensure any other finance and reporting related stakeholder requirements from the regional office and country head-office are met within deadline.
- Carry out any required ad-hoc analysis pertaining to business performance management and drive insights from operating performance.
- Carry out the Financial Accounting responsibilities as outlined in relevant Kerry Group Policies & Procedures and associated procedures and work instructions to provide financial information and advice. Effectively liaise with the Site Operations Team to ensure compliance with policies and to ensure/improve compliance with Kerry Policies. This includes:
- Effective liaison with operational personnel to ensure compliance with policies to ensure/improve compliance with Kerry Policies
- Ensure the timely and efficient completion of all routine Finance activities, and compliance to relevant Kerry Group Policies and Procedures and Kerry Ingredients Murarrie Quality Policies and associated procedures and work instructions
- Ensure financial activities comply with relevant legislative, professional, and ethical requirements.
- Ensure that Accounting Systems and procedures are established and maintained in accordance with Kerry Policies.
- Carry out SAP system transactions as necessary and relevant to the task on hand.
- Liaise with external parties such as labour agencies, utilities companies etc. to obtain information as required and necessary.
Qualifications and skills
- Ideally the aspirant would have worked in manufacturing/ plant environment in similar industry and would have been in similar role for past 3-5 years.
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Accounting/ Business is essential with strong focus on management accounting, reporting, forward looking forecasts, and performance management.
- Candidates who are working towards their CPA/ CA qualification will be given preference for the role.
- Ideally the candidate would have experience worked SAP ERP systems and a preference will be given to candidates who have worked in a multi-national organization.
- Strong excel skills are essential to perform this role.
Market knowledge or experience required
- Passionate about analysis of complex financial data and provision of insights for better decision making.
- Successful track record in engaging with stakeholders across the plant and communicating financial data to non-finance teams.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills in improving a company’s accounting and information system that achieved significant time and cost savings.
- Highly capable and confident in presenting ideas with strong focus on delivering well researched, quality content.
Key Personal attributes
- Resilient, confident, able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work through and solve problems, exercises sound judgement.
- Flexible, Adaptable, with capacity to navigate change and ambiguity.
- Builds partnerships based on trust and integrity, collaborates to maximise value from cross functional working.
- Self-aware, seeks feedback, open to ideas from others.
- Passionate about the food & beverage industry
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A Kerry employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Kerry email address or phone number. In addition, Kerry does not currently utilise video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews. Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Kerry will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process with the exception of reimbursable travel expenses. In addition, any payments made by Kerry will be from official firm accounts bearing the Kerry name.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.