Finance Manager Technical Accounting and Policy
Purpose of role:
The Finance Manager Technical Accounting & Policy will be responsible for leading on all technical accounting matters for Primark and will liaise with senior finance leadership, ABF and the external auditors to ensure Primark is compliant with relevant accounting standards. You also will be expected to provide ad-hoc accounting advice on transactions as they arise.
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager, Technical Accounting and External Reporting & Compliance
Location: Dublin Head Office
- Maintain a centre of excellence for technical accounting to support Finance, Senior Finance leadership, and the wider business, acting in a pro-active manner on an ad-hoc basis as events and transactions occur.
- Support the resolution of technical accounting issues to ensure compliance with all finance regulatory bodies & auditors.
- Develop an accounting policy manual that is fit for Primark now and into the future and aligns to the ABF accounting policy manual where appropriate.
- Deliver best practice accounting policy reviews within Financial Reporting, working with Finance to implement any process changes arising from these reviews.
- Owner of all accounting policy papers, ensuring they are prepared and reviewed in a consistent manner.
- Owner of the impairment review process
- Develop a repository of Judgement and Technical Accounting Matters and formally communicate these matters to senior finance leadership regularly.
- Implement new accounting practices cross-functionally by documenting accounting policies, consulting with various key partners.
- Liaise with the external reporting & compliance team, tax, and other finance functions to support the preparation and review statutory financial statements.
- Owner of all ABF external reporting requirements, including the year-end notes process.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the ABF Chief Accountant and the external auditors on activities regarding complex issues, new accounting standards, and / or changes in existing policies.
- Develop key relationships with other complex areas of Finance such as Treasury Tax, and FP&A.
- Experience documenting accounting policies and position papers to a high standard
- Deep knowledge of accounting standards and application guidance, in particular those of most relevance to Primark
- Experience in implementing accounting change
- Commercial awareness and mind-set, with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to explain complex accounting matters in a straight-forward manner
- Excellent ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales
- Able to draw knowledge from a broad experience of financial roles
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- 5 - 7+ years’ experience that spans financial and external reporting in a people management role for at least 2+ years
- Excellent communication skills combined with strong financial acumen and a deep understanding of accounting standards
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates initiative with strong work ethic
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.