SEA Tax - Senior / Assistant Manager, Tax Technology Consulting
Title: SEA - Senior / Assistant Manager, Tax Technology Consulting
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Providing VAT/GST compliance services to Deloitte’s clients
- Following the agreed compliance process in place Analyzing clients’ prior VAT/GST returns and working files retrieved from their systems
- Identifying necessary compliance adjustments and determining the data of the provided reports for compliance purposes.
- Understanding and identifying compliance processes of clients to enable transition
- Managing issues ranging from routine compliance matters to complex cross-border transactions
- Assist on large finance and tax transformations leveraging technology solutions to improve and automate the compliance services
- Working in a growing team dealing with a challenging area of tax
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Associates / Senior Consultants / Assistant Manager across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Possess minimum a bachelor’s degree in related disciplines such as Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Law.
- 2 - 4 years of VAT/GST experience preferably with an international accounting firm or a corporate
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English, Bahasa Malaysia and ability to speak particularly other Asian languages will be a plus
- Analytical mind and meticulous approach to processes and data
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Although not essential, any experience in any projects relating to tax automation or ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle) configuration for tax is advantageous
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.