Analyst, Financial Analysis (Asset Servicing)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Under the direct supervision of the Local Team Leader, the Finance Analyst requires technical or other specific training or equivalent experience to perform tasks and duties according to established procedures. He/She will work closely and frequently with the local and onshore teams in the preparation and delivery of periodic reporting and various ad hoc requirements to be determined by the Finance team as well as the Senior Management group. Periodic reports include but not limited to monthly P&L variance analysis, forecasting, and various reports and presentations to the management focusing on key business factors driving financial performance. The analyst may also participate in the annual planning exercise, as the business requires.
The Analyst is expected to identify and address recurring issues and come up with procedures/approaches to improve the processes.
- Responsible for performing a variety of financial duties, following established guidelines to generate standard reports and analysis
- Resolves problems, identifies the most appropriate solution and may establish new techniques to ensure the team is able to meet its objectives
- Work closely with more senior members of the team, Team Leader or Manager in identifying process improvements to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the team and in developing financial/business metrics that are vital to stakeholders' decision-making
- Participate in other special projects and ad hoc requirements
- 9AM - 6PM, Mondays - Fridays
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of a range of processes, procedures, systems and concepts within own job discipline
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to present relevant information to the Senior Management group and to various stakeholders; Requires tact and diplomacy to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way
- Proficiency with Office 365 applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and Teams, to efficiently perform analyses and communicate financial information to various stakeholders
- Experience with business intelligence analytical tools required to interpret data, perform analyses and communicate financial information to various constituents. Knowledge and experience in Power BI reporting is a plus
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships in a geographically-blended environment; Uses insights into how the team integrates with other teams to coordinate efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives
CPA a plus but not required. 3-5 years of relevant experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Project Analysis, and other relevant functional areas which may cover General Accounting, Risk, Statutory Reporting and other Finance-related disciplines. Industry knowledge is beneficial.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.