Part-Qualified Accounts Assistant, Accounting Compliance & Reporting, Newcastle
Are you bright, ambitious and business minded? Do you want a career that will challenge and reward you? Joining the Accounting & Compliance Reporting (ACR) team is a great opportunity to build a career within EY.
The ACR team is a growing part of EY’s Newcastle Managed Services Centre of Excellence. Our focus is on the provision of “reporting support” to a broad portfolio of clients. That reporting support includes: management reporting, bookkeeping, statutory accounting (UKGAAP and IFRS), regulatory reporting, Treasury and Payroll.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a dynamic working environment, where client and team needs can change from day to day.
The role in the ACR team is for a qualified accountant to join the Managed Services team in Newcastle. Managed Services is one of our fastest growing areas, and our expansion means you will gain hands-on experience of client work engaging on projects within accounting and compliance reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career with a continually evolving business. As an investor in people we offer excellent career development opportunities and you’ll be provided with full training and the opportunity to undertake industry recognised professional qualifications.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist with the delivery of the services set out above
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel, whilst building strong internal relationships within Managed Services and across other areas
- Maintain client confidentiality and ensure data security at all times
- Contribute to people initiatives including training, buddying with new joiners etc.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
- A real desire to develop your technical skills by working within our centre of excellence
- Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery / implementation of client engagements
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
To qualify for the role you will have
- Part-Qualified ACA / CA / ACCA / ATT / AAT or equivalent
- Experience UK GAAP gained within the reporting arena
- Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to problems
- Effective time management skills and the ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Financial Services experience
- Experience of IFRS would be preferred but not essential
- Flexible working attitude
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven accounting professionals who want a challenging and stimulating career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.